• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

About 2 month old Bearded Dragon eats about 1-2 dubia roaches per feeding

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
My about 2 month old Bearded Dragon eats about 1-2 dubia roaches per feeding. I usually feed him every 2 hours due to very little eating per feeding.

I feel like he/she is hungry and wants more, but they always stop moving when he is right in front of them.

Should I transport him in a smaller countainer to feed him so he can locate the crickets/roaches easier?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My about 2 month old Bearded Dragon eats about 1-2 dubia roaches per feeding. I usually feed him every 2 hours due to very little eating per feeding.

I feel like he/she is hungry and wants more, but they always stop moving when he is right in front of them.

Should I transport him in a smaller countainer to feed him so he can locate the crickets/roaches easier?
You can try -- your not feeding insects too big are you? They should be no bigger than the space between their eyes length wise --- how long have you had him? If he is fairly new then hes going to go thru relocation stress and his eating will be off --- I would be getting him started on salads this is very important now --- even if he only eats a bite or two you want him eating them now --- I would get him some BSFL to use as salad toppers add them in front of him so he sees you do it do not dust them they are calcium enriched - along w/ some small super worms 1-3 as lures as well -- make sure your dusting the roaches w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding --- and the most important thing of all is the UVB NO coils ---- and correct basking temps 10-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- if this stuff is off he will quit eating all together ---- those two things control the behavior and overall health of the dragon -- if you need more help please ask
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder