• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A sad reason why NOT to use a heat rock (with pic)

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I guess this picture will pretty much explain it all. An owner of a bearded dragon thought it was alright to use a heat rock and this is what happened... I felt so sorry for the little guy. :(

images-8-1.jpg

It just shows how a bearded dragon can get burned by a heat rock and why it's a bad idea to use one. Just wanted to share as a warning to those who think it's ok and want to give one a try.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
awww, beardies dont have heat sensation on thier stomach they cud easily scald themselves without even noticing, this is very sad..:(

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That sux & is the exact reason why those are not recommended by allot of owners. Thanks for sharing this, drgnfly. It serves as perfect reference to the damage they can do.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
when i got my first blue tongue, the shop told me that a heat rock was the only way to go. In preperation, l bought one andthen did research. Thankgoodness l did the research before l bought my critter, l still have the rock but it's sitting in my garage where it has been for the past 7 years.