• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A question about Zeros (compared to other Dragons)

kstwrites90

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone,
I hope I'm posting this in the right category, since it's not about a particular dragon's health. Anyway... In the next few months I will become a new dragon mommy, and I'm currently most interested in the zeros. I've heard they can have issues and genetic defects compared to other dragons that are closer to the dragon's core/original genetic makeup, the breeder I've chosen has said they usually don't have any major issues. Has anyone seen a difference health-wise for Zeros, and is their life expectancy about the same as others, despite apparently having lesser genetic strength? Health is the utmost importance to me; not the morph.
Thanks,
.ks.

Laura c

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone,
I hope I'm posting this in the right category, since it's not about a particular dragon's health. Anyway... In the next few months I will become a new dragon mommy, and I'm currently most interested in the zeros. I've heard they can have issues and genetic defects compared to other dragons that are closer to the dragon's core/original genetic makeup, the breeder I've chosen has said they usually don't have any major issues. Has anyone seen a difference health-wise for Zeros, and is their life expectancy about the same as others, despite apparently having lesser genetic strength? Health is the utmost importance to me; not the morph.
Thanks,
.ks.
Two of my bearded dragons are zeros and I am also a breeder. As long as you purchase from a reputable breeder that hasn't bred a visual zero to another visual zero then the babies should be healthy. There are ways to make the genetic stronger by breeding two non visuals together or one visual with a non-visual which makes for a healthier dragon. I hope this helps.