• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A lot of crickets dying

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I usally get 70 crickets so it will last a week for my baby beardie. But at least 5 of them a day die! I don’t know why. I always pick out the dead’s ones. They have water and food. And Part of an egg carton. I don’t know why! They are at least 15 cents a peice. I keep losing money but the minute. I need help. Why are they dying?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, make sure that they have food and water. So that they don't drown use the Water Crystals at pet stores for food use fresh fruits and vegetables. What container are you keeping them in? Sometimes crickets will die anyway that's why I don't like to pay more than $0.03 a cricket and always over buy.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, make sure that they have food and water. So that they don't drown use the Water Crystals at pet stores for food use fresh fruits and vegetables. What container are you keeping them in? Sometimes crickets will die anyway that's why I don't like to pay more than $0.03 a cricket and always over buy.
I am keeping them in a butterfly raising thing. It’s a cage with netting around it. They have food and water. There is a sponge I bought specifically for them so they won’t drown. I pay 15 cents for them each! They are expensive. Do I have to feed them veg. And fruit?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am keeping them in a butterfly raising thing. It’s a cage with netting around it. They have food and water. There is a sponge I bought specifically for them so they won’t drown. I pay 15 cents for them each! They are expensive. Do I have to feed them veg. And fruit?
It is better to feed them vegetables and fruit that's how you gut load them it's better for your dragon that way too.

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Make sure you are cleaning out cricket poop, old food, and dead crickets. Ammonia can build up if their cage is dirty.