• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75 gallon tank-UVB?

Char-Man

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m moving my beardie from a 55 gallon to 75 gallon tank. Can I put 2 T8 Tropical fixtures end to end to provide UVB light only? I plan to remove the plastic covering and mount on the inside of the tank. I have basking lamps to provide heat. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m moving my beardie from a 55 gallon to 75 gallon tank. Can I put 2 T8 Tropical fixtures end to end to provide UVB light only? I plan to remove the plastic covering and mount on the inside of the tank. I have basking lamps to provide heat. Thanks
I would not - you need a 24" zoo med w/ a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 -- the tropical is for fish you want a reptile bulb the ones I posted are desert- you can find them on www.pangeareptiles.com look under fixtures and uvb bulbs- I think the Arcadia might be out of stock but I would check tomorrow both are good bulbs- the zoo med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it in case you need it but your placement and distance is different from the 10.0 bulb-- please no tropical bulbs- when you get it in the tank place it directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches