• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75 gallon tank? Need info

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Any one have a 75 gallon tank for their dragon ? If yes, what lighting structure do you use and brand/wattage? I'm looking into upgrading dracos current 20 gallon :/ tank within the next couple weeks. But I'm not sure what lighting I should use in it and what wattage. I'm very new to this. Any help would be great thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
Any one have a 75 gallon tank for their dragon ? If yes, what lighting structure do you use and brand/wattage? I'm looking into upgrading dracos current 20 gallon :/ tank within the next couple weeks. But I'm not sure what lighting I should use in it and what wattage. I'm very new to this. Any help would be great thanks.

I have a 75 gal tank. I have a mesh screen on top. If your lights will sit on top of mesh then it’s highly recommend to use Reptisun T5 HO 10. The T 8 to my understanding is mounted inside tank. I also use a 150 basking light. But I keep on hand 100 watt just in case he gets too hot. I also learned that the Reptisun is suppost to cover 2/3 of tank. However I have a split top and had to get 2 short ones and lay them end to end. Bud (my dragon) is able to get away from it on his cool side. If you would like a pic of mine will be happy to send one.
I am not expert and still learning things. I purchased Bud when he was 3 mo at Petsmart and he is healthy and happy at 15 mo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
I have a 75 gal tank. I have a mesh screen on top. If your lights will sit on top of mesh then it’s highly recommend to use Reptisun T5 HO 10. The T 8 to my understanding is mounted inside tank. I also use a 150 basking light. But I keep on hand 100 watt just in case he gets too hot. I also learned that the Reptisun is suppost to cover 2/3 of tank. However I have a split top and had to get 2 short ones and lay them end to end. Bud (my dragon) is able to get away from it on his cool side. If you would like a pic of mine will be happy to send one.
I am not expert and still learning things. I purchased Bud when he was 3 mo at Petsmart and he is healthy and happy at 15 mo!

Thanks for your info. Yea I wouldn't mind seeing your setup !!!

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
5ea2f187c8b13e646842ca45e433c17d.jpg
the big light is my basking and the smaller one is my Che heat light.