• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

6% Arcadia?

JuniorC

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 7 week old dragon in a I believe its the long 20 gallon tank. Once hes bigger he/she will be going into a bigger cage I'm working on. So for now I have a 36" t5 fixture with a 6% Arcadia bulb. Can I set the fixture on the screen top without any problems since it's only a 6% and not the 12%?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
It is my understanding that the fine mesh of the screen filters out the UVB rays and doesn't allow them through.

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
6% won't put out the proper uvb that your beardie needs, the 6% bulb is intended for tropical animals such as chameleons, not desert animals such as beardies or uyromastyx.
I also agree with Yvonne, the mesh blocks UVB and doesn't allow adequate levels to your dragon.