• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

500 crickets in one keeper?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
So I was watching a video of the owner of fulker farms explain how you could keep 1,000 crickets in a single cricket keeper. I thought that was prettty amazing becuase right now, I’m going to the store every two days to get crickets and only 30 can fit in my keeper without them trampling each other. I did notice that he used a lot more egg shells. Could this be why he could keep more crickets? I wanted to try with 100 to start off. Does anyone know if this works? This is a Picture of my keeper.

Attachments

• 0F3E8F88-4F2C-4FCE-AC03-F2A64A3B4101.jpeg
    0F3E8F88-4F2C-4FCE-AC03-F2A64A3B4101.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just cause it’s possible doesn’t mean its smart…. Maybe 400 at most in the largest keeper…
C80E46E7-1359-424D-8F5F-1912B907792C.jpeg

i can keep about 50 in my teeny tiny keeper, you absolutely need paper rolls, egg crates are expensive, and dont offer cover, i bend mine down the center to create a long v tube.
I personally wouldn’t go above 200 for your container (urs is one size down from the huge keeper right?) the issue with more crickets is not that there’s to many and they’re gonna trample each other, id be most concerned with the 30-50 that are gonna die , then all the other crickets will be like “looks like meats back on the menu boys!!” Unless ur cleaning out the dead ones every day , 1000 crickets is dangerous, and an easy way to get ur beardie infected with parasites, im personally not a fan of crickets, but i need them for my crestie in the little tub soo what’ll ya doo .-.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I personally would ditch the crickets all together---- roaches are a lot easier to keep and more nutritional plus they dont stink and are not escape artist --- not to mention the constant chirping --- if you are in FL then go w/ discoid roaches --- as dubias are not allowed --- if in Canada then your out of luck all together -- you can feed BSFL and silk worms ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Look up crickets and horse hair worm,…. It’ll make u kick the crickets real quick,….

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I personally would ditch the crickets all together---- roaches are a lot easier to keep and more nutritional plus they dont stink and are not escape artist --- not to mention the constant chirping --- if you are in FL then go w/ discoid roaches --- as dubias are not allowed --- if in Canada then your out of luck all together -- you can feed BSFL and silk worms ---
I am trying to ween him off of crickets until I get
My colony started so right now hes eating a lot more bsfl and silkworms!

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
So I was watching a video of the owner of fulker farms explain how you could keep 1,000 crickets in a single cricket keeper. I thought that was prettty amazing becuase right now, I’m going to the store every two days to get crickets and only 30 can fit in my keeper without them trampling each other. I did notice that he used a lot more egg shells. Could this be why he could keep more crickets? I wanted to try with 100 to start off. Does anyone know if this works? This is a Picture of my keeper.
They won't live long. I keep around 80 in a 10 gallon fish tank and I still end up with about 15 dead by the third day.