• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 month old body hasn’t shed in a month and a half.

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
He eats at LEAST 20 large Dubias (dime size)or breakfast and dinner plus a couple more for lunch. He’s starting to really eat a lot of greens for breakfast before his proteins and I’ll catch him eating it all the time. I️ give about 3 to 4 baths a week. The problem is his body hasn’t shed in a long time. It was shedding before
d5e0d92d8bd0986cefa9e555f815df6c.jpg

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
I️ cut off a lot of the text somehow accidentally when I️ posted the picture. The doc says he’s gaining weight after my 2nd appointment and his head and tail have already shed twice but his body hasn’t in about 6 weeks. Is it normal for it to take So long to shed his body??. 2 weeks ago I️ wanted to post it butI️ figures I️ was just being impatient but it’s starting to take a long time.compared to his other sheds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
looks older than 4 months to me..as they get older they shed less frequently.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I also think he looks much older than 4 months. They for shed as much when older, and when they do shed it's in chunks not the whole body at once. As long as he is eating, maintaining healthy weight, and his housing parameters are on point I wouldn't worry about it.

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
Ok cool thanks yea I️ got him on July 13 for myself so I️ figure he’s 6 months of the shops have to keep him for 2? But thanks for the reassurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk