• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

~3 year old Beardy for Adoption in NYC

Mmantsiane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good afternoon Beardy Friends,

Unfortunately, I am writing to the community today in hopes of finding a good home for our little dragon girl, Mmantsiane (Mmantsi for short).

My wife and I recently moved to NYC - yes amidst the corona-chaos - for work. Given the small living space, but mostly due to our hectic work schedules we cannot provide our sweet, scaly friend the attention and love she needs (not to mention the space for ourselves). Sadly, she came to us through a very unexpected adoption as well. While we have done our best to give her the utmost care over the last 7+ months, this move has dwindled our ability to give her the focus she deserves.

Unsurprisingly, she has a tremendous personality. She loves being out and about around the house and seems to harbor no fear or animosity toward our cat and dog (both of whom seem to believe she's just another family member as well), and she certainly is not afraid of heights (she's always trying to climb - hence the hammocks abound in her enclosure).

I am happy to answer any questions, but for now I'll attach a couple photos of her and her current home. I have a brief word doc with some of her quarks and favorite foods, etc. to help ease her transition if you would like that as well.

Included: 3-year-old Beardy (obviously), 4' x 2' x 2' Zen Habitats Bamboo enclosure, 4' x 2' x '1 Zen Habitats deluxe spacer/ cabinet, 4' x 2' x 2' Zen habitats stand, 2 small critter carriers we use to keep her live food in, 34" light fixture (including 34" T8 UVB tube and multiple lamps for heat), and some other smaller items (calcium powder, walked harness, insect feeder, etc.) that we've collected for her (keep at your discretion).

I am certain I have left a lot of points of curiosity out, so please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_142003.jpg
    IMG_20200513_142003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200622_141122.jpg
    IMG_20200622_141122.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200622_141111.jpg
    IMG_20200622_141111.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200622_141103.jpg
    IMG_20200622_141103.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200415_131536.jpg
    IMG_20200415_131536.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200412_133629.jpg
    IMG_20200412_133629.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 34

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good afternoon Beardy Friends,

Unfortunately, I am writing to the community today in hopes of finding a good home for our little dragon girl, Mmantsiane (Mmantsi for short).

My wife and I recently moved to NYC - yes amidst the corona-chaos - for work. Given the small living space, but mostly due to our hectic work schedules we cannot provide our sweet, scaly friend the attention and love she needs (not to mention the space for ourselves). Sadly, she came to us through a very unexpected adoption as well. While we have done our best to give her the utmost care over the last 7+ months, this move has dwindled our ability to give her the focus she deserves.

Unsurprisingly, she has a tremendous personality. She loves being out and about around the house and seems to harbor no fear or animosity toward our cat and dog (both of whom seem to believe she's just another family member as well), and she certainly is not afraid of heights (she's always trying to climb - hence the hammocks abound in her enclosure).

I am happy to answer any questions, but for now I'll attach a couple photos of her and her current home. I have a brief word doc with some of her quarks and favorite foods, etc. to help ease her transition if you would like that as well.

Included: 3-year-old Beardy (obviously), 4' x 2' x 2' Zen Habitats Bamboo enclosure, 4' x 2' x '1 Zen Habitats deluxe spacer/ cabinet, 4' x 2' x 2' Zen habitats stand, 2 small critter carriers we use to keep her live food in, 34" light fixture (including 34" T8 UVB tube and multiple lamps for heat), and some other smaller items (calcium powder, walked harness, insect feeder, etc.) that we've collected for her (keep at your discretion).

I am certain I have left a lot of points of curiosity out, so please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.
How much does this cost?

Mmantsiane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning & thanks for the question! Sorry, I meant to update this yesterday.

So while we have put a good chunk of money into her (the enclosure, stand, stack cabinet and floor mat total nearly $600), we don't currently have a way to transport her at all so the lucky new parents would need to pick her in NYC. That being said we are asking for $250 for Mmantsi and everything else, but we very open to having a discussion with potential suitor(s).

Thanks and please feel free to shoot any other questions our way!

Mmantsiane

Bearded Dragon Egg
We didn't sell her per se, but we were able to re-home her with a friend of a friend who is an exotic vet tech. For us that was the most important piece to this puzzle, getting her into a home where we knew she could receive the love and care she needs!