• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 rescue dragons

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I rescued to female dragons around 3 months ago, they were both in the same viv, under weight, very snappy towards humans but no sign of agression with each other they are both really friendly now and up to their normal weight.
I brought a new viv to seperate them when they were upto a healthy weight about a month ago.because i got told not to house 2 together. But when i seperated them they stopped eating and lost weight again, started snapping at us again. I put them back together again and they turned back into the most placid friendly dragons i have ever met.

Is this normal??

Attachments

• 20160628_124901.jpg
    20160628_124901.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 30

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! And good for you for saving these two gals. It is possible they will continue to do well together as they have been thru alot and they have found strength together. Just keep an eye on them and hang onto the other viv in case 1 day they do turn and nip at eachother. It's kinda rare that they do well together but it happens. Give them both areas to bask and get the UVB that they need and watch for any "hogging" the good areas. And make sure they both are getting equal amounts of food.

good for you!!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
when i first got them it was thought blinky was blind in 1 eye but the blind eye started weeping so i rushed her to vets it turned out that it ws where she hadnt shedded fully in the past. he eye still isnt 100% but is getting there slowly
20160701_202803.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome and thank you for saving their lives! Hdrydr31 has given you some excellent advice. I would just watch them. They could live together for years and then one day have a fight. I would follow the advice from Hdrydr31.

They both look healthy and happy!!! I'm sure in no time you will have that eye back to normal!!

Thank you for the amazing and beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome and thank you for saving their lives! Hdrydr31 has given you some excellent advice. I would just watch them. They could live together for years and then one day have a fight. I would follow the advice from Hdrydr31.

They both look healthy and happy!!! I'm sure in no time you will have that eye back to normal!!

Thank you for the amazing and beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see more!!

I didnt think they would survive because they were in such bad ways. I had to hand feed them at first, it wasnt easy because they wouldnt even let us hold them. but they are worth all the bitten fingers i got from them. They are my little babies now.
( Me and Dinky having cuddles)

Attachments

• 20160702_175649.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I l love your cuddles!!!!! I can't wait until I can do that. I've got a tiny little baby and he is still a bit spry!! Always wanting to jump around.

Dinky and Blinky!! How cute!! I love the names!!! Did you come up with the names? Thank you for the photo!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I l love your cuddles!!!!! I can't wait until I can do that. I've got a tiny little baby and he is still a bit spry!! Always wanting to jump around.

Dinky and Blinky!! How cute!! I love the names!!! Did you come up with the names? Thank you for the photo!

Yeah i chose their names, Blinky got her name because of her eye and Dinky because she was the smallest.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow! You have made that much progress in 3 months?? Wow!! You and your partner truly are miracle workers. I would have thought 3 year old beardies would be stuck in their ways. Look at them. Wanting to cuddle when you walk into the room. That's amazing. Way to go!!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow! You have made that much progress in 3 months?? Wow!! You and your partner truly are miracle workers. I would have thought 3 year old beardies would be stuck in their ways. Look at them. Wanting to cuddle when you walk into the room. That's amazing. Way to go!!!

They didnt really get much choice but to learn to love us quickly lol. even when they bit us we still picked them up and hand fed them. it took a lot of patients but we did it. Im guessing they had been looked after once up on a time before their pervious owners. they just needed to learn that not every human is the same.
The guy who had them before me had gone to prison n had been in for about 5 weeks before anyone found them.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Omg! That's a long time to be left alone!!! No wonder they were a bit scared. I would be too! With all they have been through. Breaks my heart. Now I really want to give them a cuddle.

I see you are in the UK. My best friend lives in Basingstoke. We talk on FaceTime daily.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I couldnt beleve how long they had been left when i got told, I had to bring them home and look after them. i dont have any children so my girls are my babies.

You are an amazing person to rescue them. I applaud you. They are so lucky to have you. Someone who cares and will take good care of them and take them to the vet!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your babies as you all bond together.