• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 month old female not eating loosing weight

Zachary Barbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got a bearded dragon 3 weeks ago. Was told that she was about a month old when we got her. She is barely eating anything!! She eats maybe 1 or 2 roaches a day and maybe a bit or two of her greens. We feed her collards and Dubai roaches. She was 15 grams when we bought her. She went to 17 grams and in the last 2 weeks shes down to 12 grams!!! Basking temperatures is right around 105 and the cool side is 85!! Not sure what to do!!!

Zachary Barbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
The uvb is in the tank I had a 24 inch fixture so I just bought a reptisun 10.0 bulb. Hot side is 105 to 107 middle if the tank is 90 to 95 and the cool side is 80 to 85. I am using the dual head lamp but only for heat as I took out the coiled uvb bulb.

Attachments

• 20191214_130047.jpg
    20191214_130047.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23

Zachary Barbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I'll try that. She has ate an additional 3 more 1/4 inch Dubai roaches. Most if the time shes under her log sleeping!!

Zachary Barbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
So update today, we made a reflector out of foil until I can get one. We left the light in the cage with new deflector. This morning nothing had changed!! So we made her a slurry and fed her by syringe 2.5 mls mixed with salads, bugs, raspberries, and blueberries. She immediately perked up!! She put on 3 grams today. Put her back in her cage to warm up. She ssy for about 3 hours basking and then came alive!! Shes ate 15 roaches and destroyed her salad. She is moving head up and very alert!!