• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 month old baby bearded dragon, NEED A DIET PLAN

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Can someone or multiple people help me make a feeding schedule.

Right now this is it

9:00 Am
5-8 crickets dusted in calcium and d3

1:00
5-7 crickets dusted in calcium ad d3

5:30

I just got her 2 days ago and today is the only day i fed her some kale and apples. Can someone help me make a plan

Attachments

• DSCF0145.JPG
    DSCF0145.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Right now this is it

I just got her 2 days ago and today is the only day i fed her some kale and apples. Can someone help me make a plan
Please only once per feeding w/ the calcium D 3 your over feeding the calcium -- dusted insects 5 x per week w/ calcium D 3 once per feeding vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding-- salads every morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing it's a good staple feeder
A good staple for babies is BSFL they are great salad toppers add them as many as you want DO NOT dust them they are calcium enriched- add them to the salad bowl in front of her- you will need a bowl that is glass or ceramic - www.symtonbsf.com has them but I have a link I can post where it's cheaper- I would also look at getting some dubia roaches they are more nutritional than crickets they last longer and less headache to care for- you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium feed dubia food and carrots for hydration- you will feed less dubias than crickets- you can get these from www.reptilianarts.com along w/ some small superworms- you can use 1-3 as salad lures as well-- giving variety is good-- anymore questions please ask

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Right now this is it

What are you using for a basking bulb and UVB? It looks colored- please NO Coils for UVB-

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Instead of scheduling exactly how many insects you will offer, let the beardie eat as many as it wants in a 10-minute feeding. Because of their high metabolism, baby or juvenile beardie can easily go through 80 crickets per day. If the number they are allowed to eat is limited, the beardie could end up malnourished or stunted.

Feeding plan:

9:00 a.m:
Staple insect, as many as wanted in 10 mins
Dust with today's supplement
Salad

1:00:
Staple insect or alternate staple insect, as many as wanted in 10 mins

5:30:
Staple insect, as many as wanted in 10 mins
Another salad (optional)

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, i just ordered 500 dubia roaches from reptilianarts, but have to wait for them to get here all i have right now is mealworms but i dont want to feed her those. My pet store is out of crickets this week and all they have is, Mealworms, Waxworms and Superworms, Which one is the best option??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, i just ordered 500 dubia roaches from reptilianarts, but have to wait for them to get here all i have right now is mealworms but i dont want to feed her those. My pet store is out of crickets this week and all they have is, Mealworms, Waxworms and Superworms, Which one is the best option??
Oh dear not much choice- no mealworms too hard on the stomach + if they have small supers use them - if not use the waxworms but quit serving when the roaches come- waxworms are real fatty - get your tank set up for your roaches 10 gallon feed dubia food or things you feed your dragon they like fruit try greens and you can use carrots for hydration

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, i ordered the roaches 2 days ago, and they are currently in Virginia and I'm in colorado, dont know when they will arrive.
Going to the pet store today, if i get supers how many should i get / feed per day, and if i get wax worms how many should i buy / feed her per day?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, i ordered the roaches 2 days ago, and they are currently in Virginia and I'm in colorado, dont know when they will arrive.
Going to the pet store today, if i get supers how many should i get / feed per day, and if i get wax worms how many should i buy / feed her per day?
Use those to lure her to the bowl to her salads- you want her eating some salads - first thing in morning I would use 3 of them each-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thanks
Here is the website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
As long as shes eating salads you can use the wax worms or super worms to lure her to the bowl - feed 3 each of those worms --- I am really hesitant about feeding those worms w/ out a staple feeder as they are mainly a treat worm and I dont want her getting hooked on the worms -- then she wont eat anything else -- did you get any super worms and how big are they? Do not feed her anything bigger than the space between her eyes length wise - feed the meal worms but only feed them once / day -- what worms did you get at the pet store?