• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1 Yr old Beardie to re-home,

Silvergirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dizzy needs a new home. He needs an experienced handler with time to spend with him. He has been very food aggressive in the past, and is calming down now, but can still be reactive when anything moves in his cage - whether it's my hand or prey. I got him from a pet store as a baby where he had been on display for a number of months. He hadn't grown at all over that time and I discovered later that they had kept him small by underfeeding him. Hence the food aggression. I'd hoped he would grow out of it with time, and he is gradually improving, but I bought him for a classroom pet and can't keep any animal that 'might' bite in a classroom with kids. I bought a second Beardie as soon as it got to the pet store, and it has never been food aggressive at all - that little one is making an excellent pet for the kids at my school. She is gentle and curious, and sweet. I can't have Dizzy at school, though, and don't have space at home for two Beardies (the school pet comes home weekends), so I am hoping to re-home him with an experienced handler. I need to recover a little on his costs - I bought him for $75 and would like to get $50 for him, which will help to offset feed costs for the Beardie I am keeping for the school. Dizzy can be handled, once you get hold of him, and likes his head stroked. It seems to be very calming for him. Offers? I'm located in Western NC, close to the TN border, and can travel a few hours in any direction to deliver him.

Silvergirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is a picture of Dizzy in his aquarium.

Attachments

• IMG_20161002_124013328_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161002_124013328_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 113

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Does he come with his cage or lights or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silvergirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
No, I need the cage for the Beardie I am bringing home weekends. Her school cage is too large for me to handle on a regular basis as I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder. I have a small carry cage I can bring her back and forth in. Also, the cage I have at home has a heating pad that she will need during the winter months. And, if I end up leaving my job, I'll need this aquarium for my school pet - she belongs to me, but the aquarium at work was bought with a school pet grant. I hoped to find someone who already had equipment and space... Let me know if you are interested in him. Like I said, he's improved a lot with his food aggression. I was able to put my hand in his cage and do some cleaning today, and he stayed calm.