• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why choose dragons/lizards?

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey just curious to why everyone here choose to own dragons or reptiles in general? whats the appeal to you?

I choose to have one because I read they are very well tempered and easy to hold. Plus they are different. They are not a cat or dog. I have always been different so I thought a lizard would be perfect.

I also choose a lizard because I'm fascinated with the galaxy and from what I understand and fully believe, the reptiles are the oldest species in the galaxy game and come from mainly the Orion star system (hence why my guy is named 'Orion'). Yes, I am an out of the box thinker and bit of a conspiracy buff but mostly a KNOWER that aliens/reptilians DO exist all around us (on earth, in it and above it).

but what about you? why?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons have killer little personalities, they're very interactive & just like 2 chill.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Why not? Color, size, personality. Try finding a dog or cat with the color pattern of a corn snake or the ability to change color like a chameleon, it just wont happen. Everything about them is cool.

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They can float too, something cat's and dogs can't do haha. Although it's done out of a survival instinct, so I'm sure it's a stressor so not something you want to do,but it's cute as hell. Part lizard, part puffer fish, and completely cool. They have great personalities,and are very forgiving of mistakes, they like to hangout with you,and the colors you can get, simply amazing.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't know about the floating thing. My guy can't float - he sinks (every time)! He sits on the bottom looking up at me from under water like, HELP!! I've given it a few split seconds, thinking he'll swim but he doesn't - he freezes. Only after I grab him out does he puff up (alittle too late or what). Thank goodness it only happened a couple of times. Now we mainly take showers together. He likes that - even goes to sleep for a minute or two while I'm holding him under the warm running water.

Other than that, we have a dragon cuz they are so good with children (ages 8 & up), they are fairly tough, they can be outside without running away (some training required here), because they are super cute, (even the adults grow up to be puggy beannie babies you just want to squeeze)! But most of all, they are quiet, don't smell (for the most part anyway), they are portable, social, they don't run in & out of the house 50 times a day, they don't rip stuff up, they don't **** on the carpet (OK, rewind, they rarely **** on the carpet) and they have tons of quirky personality all while keeping a faint smile on their face as if to say, I know who's the boss is around here.......and guess what, it's not YOU - ha!!

Cheers

Birdmad Girl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For me it was beardies that got me interested in reptiles in general. I worked part time in a pet shop when I was a student, and grew to love feeding the beardies there more than any of the other reptiles, and I was drawn in. They are funny, interactive, friendly, intelligent, quirky and they all have unique personalities and mannerisms. You can't not love them.

Latest posts