• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do after you rehabilitate a beardie

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi! I recently rehabilitated a beardie with severe parasites and aggression. A school gave her to me when they noticed something was wrong. I recently when back to the school to give a lesson on proper beardie care and give her back. I was planning on checking in with them twice a month. When I got there, they pretended like the never had her and told me to just take her. I don't have the space (i run a rescue, and am at full capacity) to keep a full grown beardie anymore. I don't want to put her on Craigslist, so what should I do? It really annoys me when people don't do their research!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - that's a great way to teach the kids responsibility !! you can post her here - make a note of where you are and - if your rescue has a website or email include that. craigslist aint all bad - I got 3 of 4 beardies off there. I haven't sold any off there. you can also post on FaunaClassifieds. good luck, luv

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Try Facebook. There maybe a reptile page for your area. Most people on there do there research before getting a pet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
T
yeah - that's a great way to teach the kids responsibility !! you can post her here - make a note of where you are and - if your rescue has a website or email include that. craigslist aint all bad - I got 3 of 4 beardies off there. I haven't sold any off there. you can also post on FaunaClassifieds. good luck, luv
Thank you so much! My rescue is not really official, so I don't have a website. Some local people know about me though. I'all try fauna classifeds too. I am so proud of her will to live. She doesn't even look like she ever had parasites and she is really pretty. I'm sure someone will take her.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
That is terrible. Especially for a school - and this is not the first time I've heard of schools mistreating thier reptiles. It really gets me steamed.

If there are animal rescues near you, you can piggyback off their Facebook sites / groups - most rescues have them, and that is a pretty good way to find prospective homes. You can ask them for references from the rescue, and creep on their Facebook pages to proof them before adoption

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is terrible. Especially for a school - and this is not the first time I've heard of schools mistreating thier reptiles. It really gets me steamed.

If there are animal rescues near you, you can piggyback off their Facebook sites / groups - most rescues have them, and that is a pretty good way to find prospective homes. You can ask them for references from the rescue, and creep on their Facebook pages to proof them before adoption
I know, schools are not a place for animals. Just imagine the stress they grow through. My parents said if I get rid of the beardie, I can start an "official" rescue with a website and whatever, so I am anxious to get the beardie out of my hands so I can save more reptilian lives

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I know, schools are not a place for animals. Just imagine the stress they grow through. My parents said if I get rid of the beardie, I can start an "official" rescue with a website and whatever, so I am anxious to get the beardie out of my hands so I can save more reptilian lives
Where are you located??

lucie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think I've decided to just go out and find an owner. It will take a while, but this beardie didn't completely heal and her bones are fragile. I don't want just any kid taking him. Preferably no kid at all. I need someone with experience

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
I think I've decided to just go out and find an owner. It will take a while, but this beardie didn't completely heal and her bones are fragile. I don't want just any kid taking him. Preferably no kid at all. I need someone with experience
That is great to hear

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk