• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is she doing?

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
I go out into the garage all the time with my 2 month old beardie and have the back door open so that the sun rays hit us. It's pretty hot out where I live at this time of year.

Anyway, I keep my cricket cage out in the garage sitting on top of a cabinet. I'm not facing the crickets when I sit down with her, but they're visible from my peripheral. Anyway, I always put her on my breast and most of the time she just chills wherever I place her. But I'm suspecting that sometimes, when I haven't fed her yet,.she acts like she sees the crickets and tries to scurry across my chest and jump on the cabinet, which she has succeeded a few times. So like, when I grab her and put her back on my chest, she keeps trying to run, until I pin her to my chest and then she stays still...but then she keeps sticking out her tongue! What does that mean? Just curious...im not concerned or anything.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They have really good eyesight as far as distance is so she's likely hungry babies eat alot...I would make sure you have some kind of harness on her so she doesn't get away from you.. They taste their environment all the time that's how they form "memories" and get to know their surroundings.