• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Tubes

Addisen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a 6 month old bearded dragon who will most likely be getting an upgrade tomorrow into a bigger tank, I want to go for the tube UVB as a lot of people are saying the ZooMed UVB bulbs cause all kinds of different problems. Do I have to buy the fixture that is made for the bulb? Or can I go for a cheaper option at walmart? i am buying the tube UVB, the fixtures are just so expensive. Thank you.

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I'm guessing you are referring to the Reptisun 10.0 (CFL) spiral bulbs causing problems. It isnt exclusive to just Zoomed. Spiral bulbs in general caused issues in the past but likely have been rectified nowadays. Regardless, any T5HO fixture (for the size/watt tube you buy) would work. High output lights require HO fixtures. A standard T5 fixture will not work. If you plan on doing T8, then any standard fluorescent fixture will run it. Just keep in mind that the reflector quality is important to get the most out of whatever light you choose.

Addisen

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm guessing you are referring to the Reptisun 10.0 (CFL) spiral bulbs causing problems. It isnt exclusive to just Zoomed. Spiral bulbs in general caused issues in the past but likely have been rectified nowadays. Regardless, any T5HO fixture (for the size/watt tube you buy) would work. High output lights require HO fixtures. A standard T5 fixture will not work. If you plan on doing T8, then any standard fluorescent fixture will run it. Just keep in mind that the reflector quality is important to get the most out of whatever light you choose.

Thank you!