• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB lighting

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
I'm super confused. The more I read about lighting the more confused I am. I recently installed a reptisun 10.0 T8 24". I'm still in a 20 gallon tank (about 28" long) but am looking for a tank to upgrade To. Is this light ok in my tank until I upgrade? And I think I'm understanding that the t5 has more "sun-like" output, but did I make a bad choice getting the t8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol you are ok the only thing to know is with the T8 they don't penetrate thru the wire mesh tops well and they need to be replaced every 6months
T5 bulbs penetrate thru mesh and reaches further down in the tank and only need to be replaced once a year.

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
I'm super confused. The more I read about lighting the more confused I am. I recently installed a reptisun 10.0 T8 24". I'm still in a 20 gallon tank (about 28" long) but am looking for a tank to upgrade To. Is this light ok in my tank until I upgrade? And I think I'm understanding that the t5 has more "sun-like" output, but did I make a bad choice getting the t8?

I with you on being confused. I did learn that the the T5HO10.0 can go on top of screen (which mine is) . The T8 has to be mounted inside enclosure. Hope this helps some.