• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too much calcium?

RulerOfMcFly

Bearded Dragon Egg
how often should you dust the bearded dragons food with calcium? We were told by the pet store to do it everyday. So we got the calcium with d3. We've been putting it on their meal worms everyday and the crickets.

I'm also wondering how much should the babies be eating? Ours only has 3-4 crickets and maybe 2-3 worms in the morning. And close to the same at night.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
the method that seems to work for most people is use normal calcium without D3 4 times a week (once each day), use calcium with D3 once a week (once that day) and a multivitamin once a week (once that day) and nothing the one other day of the week, babies usually eat alot more then that but its possibly their not eating a ton because their in a new place now (if you just got it) or it could be due to the basking spot not being high in temp enough. 110-115 for babies and 100-110 with grown ups

RulerOfMcFly

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok. Thank you.
I may have to go online for the calcium without d3. The pet stores here only sell it with.

Any tips on herptivite?

We've had them a wk. One eats and is active. The other is sluggish. Sleeping a lot. And not eating much. But when I pick the one up, he tends to be happy like the other.

We have them in 40 breeder tanks.
And have been keeping the basking Temps no more than 110f. Because that's what we've seen is good for babies..

Neither of them will touch the greens we put in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how often should you dust the bearded dragons food with calcium? We were told by the pet store to do it everyday. So we got the calcium with d3. We've been putting it on their meal worms everyday and the crickets.

I'm also wondering how much should the babies be eating? Ours only has 3-4 crickets and maybe 2-3 worms in the morning. And close to the same at night.
Just remember mealworms are really hard to digest especially for babies and are really not recommended.. the shell is mostly chitlin.. I would suggest other feeder bugs.. dubia roaches, crickets, phoenix worms and silkworms (contain alot of calcium so no additional dusting is needed) superworms, hornworms. treats: butterworms, waxworms,
In the links below a few of our comments we have put together a ton of info for new comers and in those you will find food links, lighting, heat etc