• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen Limbs/Jaw?

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
Hi guys! I was wondering if my dragon's limbs look kinda big? And his jaw? I have pictures here for you guys to look at. The reason I ask, is that I happened to see a dragon that had big/swollen limbs, and they sorta looked like mine. I just want to make sure he's healthy! He will 7 months old on August 8th, and he weighs about 120g. Definitely a male, as I had him checked the beginning of this month by the breeder I got him from. I don't know if any of that helps, but I thought I'd add it.

I also use the Zoo Med basking light, 150 Watts for his primary heat source. His tank on the hot side gets up to 100, maybe slightly over. Humidity is very low.

As for his UV light source, I use the Zoo Med T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB. He also has reptile carpet liner, and a nice basking rock under his basking light. There is a little hideaway rock on the cool side of the tank, and his water/food dish.

He is fed three times a day--small sized Superworms. I initially did crickets, but he wouldn't eat them anymore so I had to switch to Superworms. He also gets Spinach, Carrots, Yellow Squash, and Zucchini for his veggies.

I worry a lot, but I just want to make sure he is doing okay! This is the first Bearded Dragon I have ever owned so I like to make sure I am doing everything right for him. Here are so pictures of his legs and mouth/head:

N3W3p0S.jpg

goA0gDX.jpg

XTz8tTU.jpg

INQWq9o.jpg

C8cPxDX.jpg

tuqvEuD.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think he looks good. When they shed, especially their feet, they tend to look a little swollen. I think because the skin is tight around their limbs.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He looks good, and yea it's likely just from the shedding process..
On another note I would switch from feeding spinach to other greens like collards, turnip, dandelion, mustard greens as Spinach is not a good staple food as it's high in vit A It is a rarely to be fed item.