• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

starting my egyptian theme tank

Dwaggie

Bearded Dragon Egg
heya!
i got a bigger terrarium off ebay (osb, 150/60/60cm, my current is 120cm) and since my beardie is safe in her current tank, i have lots of time to make her new home really fancy
it's going to be my first try, and it's gonna be egyptian themed.

i already goofed up with the first item, since i couldn't make a pyramid. now it's a... sorta elongated pyramid

i want to have embossed (?) hieroglyph wall plates for the back wall (with the symbols carved in, i hope you know what i mean, english is hard)
and am still trying to figure out what to use for it. (salt dough covered in tile adhesive? clay? i don't want it to become too heavy, but carving stuff into styrofoam is too messy and won't work the way i want)

anyway... yeah.
i'll try and share my progress here if you guys are interested
(and maybe come begging for help with materials, since i'm a real derp with this)

Attachments

• IMG-20170729-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20170729-WA0000.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 37

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Great start! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm in the middle of my own diy as well. Got the cage built and just today I finished grouting the Styrofoam creation!
bd2e958efbcff599f07f81f429941949.jpg
27fbf95db7796305e80ec4c35fbc5ec6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hmm, im wondering now if an emulsifier should be added to the grout, like you would with cement or plaster. It should make it go off slower and stop it cracking so bad. Or, maybe each subsequent coat should be mixed thicker than the last, it should dry like cement which is what it basically is