• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help please... I have a rescue that I'm not sure of his age and previous owners didn't know how to take care of him... he has the frog eyes and is very under weight... I'm sure with the change he is extremely stressed out now... he is not eating now and today we realized his pores were blocked... we soaked him and Got a lot of them out of him... what will this mean now is my question? And now what can I do to get him to eat. He has pooped the last two days... please help.. he isn't my first dragon. But haven't experienced the health issues like his with the other two.
4b90be4e02369c3460aec0068f67b62d.jpg
7b9ee1be50996ff1f4c80570f1024f42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long have you had him for? if it hasn't been very long they go thru a "relocation" stress they can take a week or two to settle in.. He actually looks pretty good for a rescue, he's got nice fat pads and his base of the tail is nice and thick. Just keep offering a variety of bugs and greens and he should start eating..

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got him last week and just changed his cage on friday... what about his femoral pores? His legs don't seem infected or bigger than normal... we pulled a few out.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We got him last week and just changed his cage on friday... what about his femoral pores? His legs don't seem infected or bigger than normal... we pulled a few out.

Ouch don't pull the waxy build up out of the pores that actually hurts them.. Instead just give him warm soaks and gently scrub them with a soft toothbrush.. His legs look fine could you take a pic of his pores? Even really built up pores can be cleared up just with warm soaks and at his age they shouldn't be to to bad.. But please don't pull any more out he will thank you.. As long as he's got good husbandry now, clean enclosure, regular bath times, good food and hydration he will be just fine.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, don't pull them out. They can actually get an infection doing that. Like hdrydr31 said, lots of warm soaks and a gentle brush with a toothbrush. You can even gently rub on them, but don't squeeze or pick at them.

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok next question I just noticed his stool has the worms he ate this morning still whole... is that bad? He is supper skinny and barely eats when I'm feeding him so I don't know what to do

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok next question I just noticed his stool has the worms he ate this morning still whole... is that bad? He is supper skinny and barely eats when I'm feeding him so I don't know what to do

That could be a couple things if waxworms that can happen, also it could mean your temps are not warm enough for proper digestion.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine always pooped out BSFL full. Even with proper temps, not sure why. I heard that is common and that you can poke them in the head right before you feed them to your dragons and it shouldn't happen but I've never done that.