• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Redness on the top of mouth

zeldalover04

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded was sun bathing today and she opened her mouth and I noticed some redness? Is that anything to worry about?

Attachments

• 20170618_140509.jpg
    20170618_140509.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Great picture of the Jacobson's Organ. That little round spot next to the redness is the organ. When they lick the air their tongue touches that spot and it sends signals to the brain letting them know if it's safe or not. As far as your question, I don't think it's mouth rot. It's usually noticed on the bottom teeth line and it shows up as plaque. This just looks like some type of irritation. Maybe she ate something that hit that spot funny and just made it red. Keep an eye on it though. If it becomes swollen or oozing or if the eye on that side is watering a bit more, a vet would need to take a look at it.