• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re-homing Help

Suzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. My brother owned a bearded dragon but recently he has been having some problems and has not been able to care for the little guy. My parents have ended up with it but they have no idea how to care for a lizard and do not want to keep it. My apartment is not big enough for the cage so I don't really know what to do. I own a rabbit and really find the people on the rabbit forum to be very responsible pet owners so I found this forum hoping that the people here might be able to help.

The lizards name is Bella but they believe now that it is a male. He has a huge homemade cage that I could post a picture later and is located in Chicago. If a responsible pet owner on this page wanted him I would be willing to give you all of the parts of the cage and Bella for free or a small re homing fee. If anyone here knows of a rescue that could help that is information that I would also be interested in. I don't want to put him up on craigslist because you never know what kind of person is going to take him but if I do that I will make it expensive so only commented people (hopefully) will reply.

I just want to do right by Bella and I don't want him to end up sick or worse because my parents are clueless on how to take care of a lizard and don't really have the desire to learn. PLEASE HELP!

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi,
Sorry to hear your brother is having problems. Hope things turn around for the better soon. I think there is a reptile rescue near aurora. I thought I saw it on petfinders.com. I live in Wisconsin near Green Bay and will definately keep my ears open. I have a baby dragon and two tortoises and My husband might leave if I bring anything else home...lol. Good luck,you are a good person for trying to find him a good home.