• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

phoenix worm question

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
You don't feed them anything and I want to say 1-3 weeks - you will start getting one or two flies and over the course of a few weeks they will a turn. I usually buy the large ones. But you can feed them as flies to your beardie. When my Skittles was a baby he loved to chase them around the enclosure, catch and eat them. Now that he is a fat lazy adult I squish the flies and put them on his salad, which he also enjoys.

Old guy new Dragon

Hatchling Dragon
You don't feed them anything and I want to say 1-3 weeks - you will start getting one or two flies and over the course of a few weeks they will a turn. I usually buy the large ones. But you can feed them as flies to your beardie. When my Skittles was a baby he loved to chase them around the enclosure, catch and eat them. Now that he is a fat lazy adult I squish the flies and put them on his salad, which he also enjoys.

Thanks for the info.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep, 1-3 weeks if you leave them at room temp. If you keep them in the fridge they won't pupate. You can take them out before you feed them to your dragon, and let them warm up a bit to get them moving again.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I ordered 100 with the sole purpose of letting them turn. I didn't think about seperating them into groups though so it was a challenge opening the tank and getting the flies to go where I wanted them too and not fly all over my house LOL!

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Yep, 1-3 weeks if you leave them at room temp. If you keep them in the fridge they won't pupate. You can take them out before you feed them to your dragon, and let them warm up a bit to get them moving again.
Exactly the answer I needed! I thought I did something and killed them :/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I keep mine in a mini fridge set at the warmest temp. Around 50℉ and I usually order 500-1000 at a time. (Dre ate about a 100 mediums today.) They usually last 4-6 weeks unless I want them to turn into flies. My crestie loves the flies.