• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Over The Rainbow: Remembering beardies we've lost along the way

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thx for doing this, i'll put Meteor up. I rescued here and her sister about 7 months ago and lil Comet gave me a big scare about the time Meteor got sick. During the past 3 months of her life Meteor fought daily to survive and a couple of times it looked like she was going to turn it around. She didn't but she fought hard. Last picture I have of her.
062914182816.jpg

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
a8qLY4K.jpg

RIP Eliza, c. 2005-2014 AD​

My bearded dragon and companion since childhood, Eliza, died after eight years of life on God's earth a week and a half ago, and I sorely miss her.

She has been going steadily downhill since she experienced a bowel issue back in 2010, and the last six months she hadn't been eating and has been having trouble going to the bathroom. We did what we could to give her what she needed but she was a very picky eater.

In burial my father and I loudly sung the national anthem and buried her in a fine funeral that most of the neighborhood could probably hear. Afterward, the sand from her habitat, as well as her rocks, were set atop her catacombs. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
a8qLY4K.jpg

RIP Eliza, c. 2005-2014 AD​

My bearded dragon and companion since childhood, Eliza, died after eight years of life on God's earth a week and a half ago, and I sorely miss her.

She has been going steadily downhill since she experienced a bowel issue back in 2010, and the last six months she hadn't been eating and has been having trouble going to the bathroom. We did what we could to give her what she needed but she was a very picky eater.

In burial my father and I loudly sung the national anthem and buried her in a fine funeral that most of the neighborhood could probably hear. Afterward, the sand from her habitat, as well as her rocks, were set atop her catacombs. :)

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she had a great 8 years on this earth.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie80.jpg
sleepingonmommy..jpg

This is Allie. She passed away May 3rd, 4 days before my 34th birthday. I was so heartbroken and cried every single day. I miss her so much and I sometimes feel her, see her, and think about her. Allie passed away from Yellow Fungus Disease. Despite everything I did, Allie succumbed and she tried to stay here. When I saw her looking at me for the last time, I saw that she was crying because she knew she was dying. I was keeping her alive to try to give the meds time to work. We breathed for her, fed her, and even blanched her greens to keep her strength up and everything. Even slurries, soaks daily for 15 minutes, syringe feeding, probiotics, and everything I can think of to keep her. She and I were pretty much inseparable. She slept on me every night and the photo above was one of those nights. It was around 2-3 AM when this photo was taken.

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is Allie. She passed away May 3rd, 4 days before my 34th birthday. I was so heartbroken and cried every single day. I miss her so much and I sometimes feel her, see her, and think about her. Allie passed away from Yellow Fungus Disease. Despite everything I did, Allie succumbed and she tried to stay here. When I saw her looking at me for the last time, I saw that she was crying because she knew she was dying. I was keeping her alive to try to give the meds time to work. We breathed for her, fed her, and even blanched her greens to keep her strength up and everything. Even slurries, soaks daily for 15 minutes, syringe feeding, probiotics, and everything I can think of to keep her. She and I were pretty much inseparable. She slept on me every night and the photo above was one of those nights. It was around 2-3 AM when this photo was taken.

:( I'm sorry to hear this, I remember Allie when I first signed up here.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Noella , I love that first picture of her! I loved following her story and her FB page. When we had our Christmas tree up, we had this ornament for one of my cats that passed away 20 years ago and every afternoon I would hear the ornament tinkle. It made me think of how Allie leaves you pennies, and I just imagined it's was my little Gremlin's way of telling me that she all our babies are with her and they are okay and they are watching over us.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Noella , I love that first picture of her! I loved following her story and her FB page. When we had our Christmas tree up, we had this ornament for one of my cats that passed away 20 years ago and every afternoon I would hear the ornament tinkle. It made me think of how Allie leaves you pennies, and I just imagined it's was my little Gremlin's way of telling me that she all our babies are with her and they are okay and they are watching over us.

To this day, she still leaves us pennies and one day I found $60. That was just before Maya got sick with Pinworms and Coccidia.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw I think bout her often she will b missed was very sad times wen she passed I even shed a tear or two. Fortunate I've bin lucky my beardie r my first pets and r very happy n healthy thank god. Sorry to all those who have unfortunately losses loved beardies :(

tcb5366

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Reading this, looking at a viv that has been empty since April 6th, absolutely losing it... Still even have her adoption paperwork after 8 years with my best friend. Made the mistake of going in a pet store the other day for the dogs and wandering by the reptile enclosures where half a dozen babies were perched on a branch, basking. They don't stay small forever (really only about a month or two haha). Never once was stubborn, always well behaved, and she bit me (actually managed to draw a bit of blood) on her last day on this planet. Guess she thought I was gunna get off too easy never having been a problem child... Cannot wait 'til my living situation stabilizes at the end of the semester and I can raise another, I miss my buddy :( life hasn't been the same since

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421907586456.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421907586456.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421907602905.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421907602905.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 117

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
She passed tonight Ive need crying all evening a dog got her fractured her ribs and punctured a lung from what we could tell to have X rays and anything else done with out a garentee that she would survive it would of been 2000 dollars

Attachments

• 1422894196674.jpg
    1422894196674.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 134