• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie!

Mark

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all

I just got my bearded dragon the other day. He or she is a juvenile. Very nervous about lighting tho. I dont know exactly which basking light to use. Some say use a regular household bulb (but what does that mean). I'm really looking for a specific bulb suggestion so I know I have exactly what I need. I now have a GE heat lamp 125 clear (R40) bulb. Any suggestions as to if this is good or what exactly I should get if its not would help much!!

Pat B

Super Moderator
How are the temps? They should be about 110 basking and 80-85 cool side. Do you have digital thermometers? Those round ones don't do squat as in not the giving you the correct temp. I use a 150 flood light. If you do a search on lighting you will probably get all kinds of answers. Don't buy one at a petstore....they are way overpriced. Also, a timer is great....never have to worry about turning on or off.
BTW....Welcome to BDF. This is great forum with wonderful people who answer your questions and will always help you....come back often!! :rolleyes:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2f.jpg