• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon owner! Help wanted!

Cyberman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it normal for them to just stared at you? I know it's silly but I feel like he's trying to communicate something with me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is it normal for them to just stared at you? I know it's silly but I feel like he's trying to communicate something with me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He's just trying to figure you out :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep just learning who you are they are very observant and smart.

HerpPrincess

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are much more intelligent than people give them credit for. They tend to be lumped in with snakes as pretty dumb and emotionless but they are actually more intelligent than most rodents. He will get to know you and will come to trust you. It's a very special bond. People (who don't have reptiles) are always really surprised by how mine interact with me. It's not anything I've taught them to do. I've just done my best to interpret their body language and where possible, avoid making them do things they rather wouldn't.

My adult will tell me when he needs to have a bath to poo and that is the only place he will poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They are much more intelligent than people give them credit for. They tend to be lumped in with snakes as pretty dumb and emotionless but they are actually more intelligent than most rodents. He will get to know you and will come to trust you. It's a very special bond. People (who don't have reptiles) are always really surprised by how mine interact with me. It's not anything I've taught them to do. I've just done my best to interpret their body language and where possible, avoid making them do things they rather wouldn't.

My adult will tell me when he needs to have a bath to poo and that is the only place he will poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girl does the same thing! She has an urgent dance she does when she has to go to the bathroom. I have to take her out and put her in the tub.