• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Enclosure!! All DIY!

Mcsommerfeld

Bearded Dragon Egg
Check out my Rocky's new home!! Just got it finished up. Solid oak construction, furniture quality finish!

Attachments

• IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 242

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Nice! Yes, how did you finish your polystyrene? Do tell!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
How big is that and how did you know size for holes? Also, what kind of vents did you use for ventilation?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mcsommerfeld

Bearded Dragon Egg
How big is that and how did you know size for holes? Also, what kind of vents did you use for ventilation?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The box is made of Oak ply wood and trimmed with oak 1x4, it is 4' long, 2' deep and 2' foot tall. The vents are actually siding vents that I got from Home Depot, $6.99 for 6 of them.

Mcsommerfeld

Bearded Dragon Egg
Happily inside their new home, gonna have to seperate them before to long though I'm sure. Anyone have an experice keeping more than one beardie in the same enclosure? I have 2 females and a male in there right now, I know for sure the male will need his own space.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 179

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Happily inside their new home, gonna have to seperate them before to long though I'm sure. Anyone have an experice keeping more than one beardie in the same enclosure? I have 2 females and a male in there right now, I know for sure the male will need his own space.
It really looks great!
On Rare occasions females will tolerate being together, however it typically doesn't work out and they will end up becoming dominate over eachother and can lead to fights and injuries at any given moment..Yes the male will for sure have to live solo.

Co-habbing is really not advised here on the forum as we get many new members and bearded dragons are solitary creatures they only come together to mate..

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
I coated everything with DryLoc and then grouted it all. Seems to be holding up for now, but I am seeing some cracking in the grout as it continues to dry.
My grout started cracking as it dried today too. I'm hoping it'll just look like nice features when it's done. I'm a little concerned about flaking of the grout so hoping the sealer will protect it once I get that on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk