• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need to sell off some dubia fast.

tim

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 1 adult female bearded 1 juvenile male bearded 4 adult leopard geckos 8 hatchling, a crested gecko, and getting a veiled soon and that's just what wats roaches ;)

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok well I'm 100% interested so when u figure out a solid plan that works for you make sure I'm the first to know. I have a lot of mouths to feed so I wanna take a bunch of ur hands
I can ship nearly a thousand mix sizes to you for $60.

tim

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok sounds good. Just got to wait till Monday so I can put cash in the bank I'll respond on here when I have the money in the bank :)

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok. Sounds good. If I ship later than Wednesday we risk the shipment waiting over the weekend before delivery. They probably won't survive that long in a box.

Reactions: tim

Jay Velasquez

Bearded Dragon Egg
PM'd you but thought I would also post here...I have a baby Beardie about 5-6 wks old. I would like to get feeders for him as well as a starter colony to maintain as feeders from here on out. What can you do for me and cost to Las Vegas NV 89115?

Jay

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for replying to this thread, I use tapatalk on my phone and its different for conversations. I was going to reply after work using my computer.

I would like to hold off till after current customers receive theirs. I dont wanna get too low myself and then have to re-ship due to dead loss.

Jdubclark

Hatchling Dragon
So my package arrived this afternoon. Holy Good Grief that's a bunch of roaches!! For anyone asking if this is legit, it is. Received a ton of adults, juvenile nymphs, a little nymphs. You can't beat the amount of feeders for the dollar anywhere that I've seen.

Mthomas356

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dhall79, what are you heating your colony with? I'm trying to start my own but they aren't breeding as fast as they should be. I'm heating mine with a red 150 watt bulb but it's only getting the temp up to around 85.

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Dhall79, what are you heating your colony with? I'm trying to start my own but they aren't breeding as fast as they should be. I'm heating mine with a red 150 watt bulb but it's only getting the temp up to around 85.
I'm using two large under tank heaters. But have had them unplugged since last August. I quit heating the tank to slow them down. I still froze thousands last winter to thin the herd. 85 degrees should be fine. Dubia hate light. They might be too stressed for efficient breeding. Try switching to a ceramic heating element instead of a flood light. Also, be mindful of the humidity in the tank. I used a water bottle with holes in the top inside the tank till the colony took off.

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
PM'd you but thought I would also post here...I have a baby Beardie about 5-6 wks old. I would like to get feeders for him as well as a starter colony to maintain as feeders from here on out. What can you do for me and cost to Las Vegas NV 89115?

Jay

The last two orders brought my colony down considerably. I simply couldn't ship an order anywhere near the size Ive been. I could do a small order of 100 or so, but you won't get feeders steadily for a while from that. I would suggest looking elsewhere.

This is where I got my starter colony. I bought 1000 smalls, and 30 breaders.

http://store.westcoastroaches.com/Dubia-Roach-Breeding-Kits_c_28.html

Mthomas356

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm using two large under tank heaters. But have had them unplugged since last August. I quit heating the tank to slow them down. I still froze thousands last winter to thin the herd. 85 degrees should be fine. Dubia hate light. They might be too stressed for efficient breeding. Try switching to a ceramic heating element instead of a flood light. Also, be mindful of the humidity in the tank. I used a water bottle with holes in the top inside the tank till the colony took off.

Thanks for the info. I think the water bottles are a great idea. I think I'm going to move the colony into my 55 gallon and add some under the tank heaters and surround the tank with insulation to trap the heat and block the light. Hopefully that will jump start them and I post a similar comment as yours in a few months.

dhall79

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Trim the silicone in the corners so that the small dubia cannot climb it. I used a razor. I poof canned the outside. Then glued paper for insulation. I dont know that the insulation helped or not. No difference in temps that I saw.

tim

Bearded Dragon Egg
Received my roaches today. Thanks again. Would 10000% recommend this guy for ur roach needs. Amazing service, fast delievery, and he even emailed me a picture of the usps tracker so I know they were dropped off. Soon many roaches my reptiles are gonna be even fatter lol
uploadfromtaptalk1436553970925.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436553975884.jpg