• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Some Advice please..

lizzysdad83

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so i have 2 bearded dragons both around 2 years old 1 male & 1 female both housed in same viv they get along just fine they do not fight at all if anything id say they are best of mate they share food ect. The female has just laid her second batch of infertile eggs (yes 100% infertile) she laid 28 eggs in total but my problem is soon as i bathed her after laying the eggs and put her back in the viv she starting digging right away and has not stopped since. does this mean she did not manage to lay all her eggs? i thought she had finished as she buried all the eggs and packed down the sand/soil mixture with her head. i would like to know as i don't want to run the risk of egg binding. many thanks

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok so i have 2 bearded dragons both around 2 years old 1 male & 1 female both housed in same viv they get along just fine they do not fight at all if anything id say they are best of mate they share food ect. The female has just laid her second batch of infertile eggs (yes 100% infertile) she laid 28 eggs in total but my problem is soon as i bathed her after laying the eggs and put her back in the viv she starting digging right away and has not stopped since. does this mean she did not manage to lay all her eggs? i thought she had finished as she buried all the eggs and packed down the sand/soil mixture with her head. i would like to know as i don't want to run the risk of egg binding. many thanks

The thing that I've read is you never house beardie's together. For one they will fight and for two if its male and female you will always have your female laying eggs which will reduce her life. They really need to be housed separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzysdad83

Bearded Dragon Egg
they never fight at all not even nipping each other in the slightest... but obviously i can under stand the laying eggs part. but tbh a have lots of friends with male & females housed together and they have never mated once. i think my male is to scared to mate with my female as she is twice the size of him and she wears the trousers in the viv lol.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
they never fight at all not even nipping each other in the slightest... but obviously i can under stand the laying eggs part. but tbh a have lots of friends with male & females housed together and they have never mated once. i think my male is to scared to mate with my female as she is twice the size of him and she wears the trousers in the viv lol.

How funny!! I would love to see pictures! Hopefully someone with more experience will help you figure out what your female is doing. I'm sorry when I first read your post I miss read it I saw fertile. I'm so sorry!

lizzysdad83

Bearded Dragon Egg
she has stopped digging now typical but i have just taken a pic of the 2 together anyways, the pure citrus is the female
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Of course she stopped digging now that you take her picture. They both are gorgeous! I LOVE your terrarium/viv!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Beardies are solitary and will turn on each other without warning. Doesn't matter what size they are, my male was way smaller than my female when he first attacked her. Someone else has a thread showing what could happen housing a male and female together, the male gave a real good bite on the females jowl.

I really would think of separating them. Not just because they shouldn't be housed together but because the tank is too small for 2 dragons. If the eggs are indeed infertile, then she is laying them because of the pheromones that the male is putting off. She will just keep laying and laying. If she is scratching again it could mean that she has more eggs that need to come out or she could be egg bound.

lizzysdad83

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your response i will buy a second setup today and separate them... She will be so upset when I remove him as they been room mates for 6 months now and she loves him to bits, but there health is very important and don't want to risk either of them getting hurt.