• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nala The Beardie

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's looking good, the only thing I would say is not to let the supers free in the bath as they will just drown and its really easy for the dragons to aspirate water into their lungs when they submerge or drink to fast. So I wouldn't do that for exercise. They typically do a good job at chewing the supers that the chance of them getting bit is slim, and the ones that the supers have stayed alive per say the dragons were in extreme poor health.. So the stomach acids will kill the supers.

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
HUGE milestone today! Nala actually ate all her veggies! Like ALL, which never happens... And I gave her a decent portion! As I always say Google somehow or another has the answer to everything so all I did was google "how to get baby bearded dragons to eat vegetables" and walah. I saw a post that had two methods both genius well in-genius because they are so self explanatory.

1. Most beardies lick their enclosures a lot, this is how they test surroundings I guess.. heat, humidity. Anyways they lick their basking spot the most so what you do is place tiny pieces of veggie around their basking spot and they'll get to it eventually. - I felt like the was needed if your beardie eats absolutely no veggies and is for minimal veggie consumption.

2. Since vegetables aren't moving you need another way to catch the dragons attention what better way than color? After all it is scientifically proven that color grasp attention and that's not just in humans. So basically what the article said was slice the veggies how you normally do and instead of putting them in the food dish put them on a white paper towel or napkin or even white paper plate and the contrast of the veggie from the white layer will entice the beardie and boy did this work! She practically jumped a football field to eat which she normally only does for things that are moving! By far the best method! She ate everything like it was the best food ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg this is GREAT advice!!! I'm going to try this with mine tomorrow! She's only 2 months old and won't eat her veggies.

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
Omg this is GREAT advice!!! I'm going to try this with mine tomorrow! She's only 2 months old and won't eat her veggies.
It worked!!! She's been eating mustard greens!
20170624_131622.jpg
20170624_131622.jpg
20170624_131622.jpg

JavianSB

Bearded Dragon Egg

LCfrogs

Hatchling Dragon
Great, I'm glad this helped! Your beardie is super cute. I didn't expect mine to eat them all a little was okay for me as long as I saw improvement I was happy. But she ate them all. I did have to leave the room though she didn't eat like she was starving until I left.

My girl is weird. She'll eat in front of me, but she's still timid about it. Like she'll eat a cricket and then look up at me for a bit, then eat another cricket. So I've started leaving her alone while she eats them. I'm still in sight mostly, just far away...and sometimes I walk elsewhere for a few minutes. The crickets are always all gone by the time I come check.

The mustard greens- she ate a few but kept looking over at me. I left her and the greens in the tank and took a nap, and when I woke up, most of it was eaten.

JavianSB

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just a little update : She's already grown another inch and is starting another shed. I do need to weigh her but I'm not really overly concerned about her weight. Currently feeding 10-20 large super worms/Dubia's a day with a 2:00 pm feeding of mustard greens or kale. She poops now about every 2-3 days. I'm currently working on a new tank and setup and maybe a new reptile of some sort that will be perfect in my spare 20 gallon long. Maybe a crested with the tank on its side. Anyways she's doing perfect and is a joy she's very curious so I'll be looking for a play pin of some sort to allow for "roaming". I'm thinking about maybe breeding in the future so definitely looking for a male in the future? Does anyone have any tips for breeding and incubation? Thinking about getting the Exo Terra incubator I've heard really good things about it but for now I'm as happy as I could be.
314f90ee4083cd016289ae12cfb2ac21.jpg
09ed9c526ea556753c38e40ff88ec6d2.jpg
febacf36b8880097b10d5ffd73ac2901.jpg

I put a paper towel under her most of the time because she likes to poop on me occasionally [emoji31]