• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My blazey (Isabella, of course an Italian middle name)

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Spending some 1 on 1 in mom's room
Hmm, I guess for mother's day I'll give her a nice healthy poop
2nd pic..enough pics already mom
50b0a6df3b3af714053b457c7d9d0b02.jpg
d33b244abb29d726c206c176c70c8575.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol Happy Mother's Day!
On a side note is it just the camera angle or does Blaze's fat pads look kinda sunken in? or flat maybe?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I'm trying to fatten them up, after a longer then usual brumation, I'm having a bit of a hard time doing so. Not sure if you subscribe to Reptile-Parrots, I posted a lot of pics of 5 of mine, I explained my worries. If you don't subscribe let me know and I'll explain, I'm beezgal over there. Don't know if it's bcuz they're getting older, ugg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok yea I remember now you saying something about a long brumation and needing to fatten Blazey up.. sorry hard to keep them all straight..

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Anybody have some insight as to why I'm having a bit of trouble fattening a couple of my beardie kids, never was an issue b4, could it be their ages, 2 are 10yrs, and 6 are 7 yrs. Any guidance is helpful, yes their lighting is as usual, everybody has gotten new uvb in the last few months, poops are good. Thanks guys

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I am learning that some store their fat differently than others. Both Dexter and Luci have fat pads on the head and thick tail bases. Luci's fat pads are GINOURMOUS! Dolly on the other hand has never really had much in the way of fat pads on her head. When I first got her I assumed it was because she was a rescue and she needed to fatten up but once she fattened up they still didn't get prominent. After she was treated for pinworms I thought for sure they would start to show and no, still nothing. They are there, I see them when she chews. As long as they aren't sunken in, I'm not too worried. She's thick everywhere else.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Luckily nobody's sunken in, I'll just feel better when they put some meat on their cute tooshies