• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mushu the dragon

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mushu has a vet appointment in the near future. He left a nice big present in his enclosure while I was getting Ruby ready for her appointment, so I bagged it up to be tested, because why not. Turns out he has pretty high levels of coccidia, despite normal behavior and bowel movements. Once Ruby's test results come back, she'll need a follow up appt to make a treatment plan and we'll bring Mushu in for a check up and some meds. It's always an adventure with these guys haha, they're lucky they're cute :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll be scheduling him when we take Ruby in for her 2nd blood test. He shows zero symptoms of coccidia despite his fecal results, so I'm not in too much of a hurry to get him checked out and pick up his meds. He won't be getting Albon like Ruth had, but I forget what he's being prescribed. At least coccidiosis is easy to deal with!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll be scheduling him when we take Ruby in for her 2nd blood test. He shows zero symptoms of coccidia despite his fecal results, so I'm not in too much of a hurry to get him checked out and pick up his meds. He won't be getting Albon like Ruth had, but I forget what he's being prescribed. At least coccidiosis is easy to deal with!

They really do like to keep us on our toes if it's not 1 thing it's another with them.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They really do like to keep us on our toes if it's not 1 thing it's another with them.
He's scheduled for a check up and med pickup on the 27th when Ruby goes back for her second round of blood work. I'm not rushing his appt because he seems completely normal, other than his fecal results.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mushu seems to have gone full swing into puberty. He's suck a jerk sometimes. If anyone needs meds, or a bath, or attention, he will throw himself off of whatever ledge he's perched on and proceed to headbob, stomp his feet, and turn as black as night. If it wasn't for the fatigue mat flooring, I'd be worried that he'd hurt himself haha. Such a rude hormonal boy. He's lucky that I love him to bits.

This is how ridiculously dark he'll get. Once I get him out and shower him with love, he brightens right up. What a turd.
d455356f94acf41cd0b7bba9b43f6264.jpg

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha but he's soooo cute [emoji173] and I love his little "I mean business" stance. He's like "look at how big and scary I am, that's right you better run!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's so funny!!
What is fatigue mat?
Fatigue mat is a mat you often find in retail positions where you stand on your feet a lot. I bought a bunch off of a bulk roll in Lowes. It makes a great easy to clean substrate that's cushioned for the rambunctious kids, and soft and textured for my MBD babies. I did buy some tile to place in there so they have something to help file their nails on though.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha but he's soooo cute [emoji173] and I love his little "I mean business" stance. He's like "look at how big and scary I am, that's right you better run!"

He's such a trip. He's a walking bundle of hormones haha. So territorial. But he loves his mama and lightens right up when I take him out and love on him.

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Fatigue mat is a mat you often find in retail positions where you stand on your feet a lot. I bought a bunch off of a bulk roll in Lowes. It makes a great easy to clean substrate that's cushioned for the rambunctious kids, and soft and textured for my MBD babies. I did buy some tile to place in there so they have something to help file their nails on though.

ok, gotta get me some then lol. thanks for the clarification and where I can find it :)

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mushu now has a lock on his sliding doors. I came into the reptile room to find him exploring. I don't know how my silly boy got out, but I'm thinking I should have named him Trouble! Haha

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mushu now has a lock on his sliding doors. I came into the reptile room to find him exploring. I don't know how my silly boy got out, but I'm thinking I should have named him Trouble! Haha

Hahaha or Houdini [emoji23] he's such a funny little guy. At least now you know what goes on when your back is turned, Mushu parties

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

Last week I was sitting in my chair in the living room and out of the corner of my eye I saw something move. Dolly quietly climbed out of her tank and came in the other room! Luckily she is close to the floor. I think I forgot to lock her door and she just pushed on it an got out.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Looks like Mushu is a little Pogona barbata with a mouth as yellow as can be. I suspected he may be. He was a little chilly at the vets and was almost entirely black. We picked up some meds this evening to kick his coccidiosis. He should be parasite free in a jiffy.

Funny story: the other night I had him out for cuddles. Louis, my other half, walked into the room and Mushu ran to my shoulder and began to head bob. Of course I completely lost it! He then leapt to the floor, ran full speed at Louis, and continued to head bob. A protective little mama's boy indeed! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's really cool! I like the way Barbatas look :) glad to hear all is well and he has his medication now.

Lol! Mushu says this is my momma and I will not share her with you