• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Makes Me Sad, Concerned......

BDNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello -

So My Husband and Daughter got me the coolest cam for Shiva's tank (See Video). I watch her all day while at work. :) For the last few weeks though mid-day she goes crazy glass surfing, black bearding and acting really stressed out. It breaks my heart to watch this. Of course my 1st instinct is that she wants out but no one is home. She does this for about an hour or so and then calms down. I take her out every evening and we chill. She loves to cuddle. Her tank is perfect as much as I can tell.

Here are some stats:

He is Almost 1 year old (I call her she because it's habit, we did not realize it was a he until later)
4x2 Tank
New UVB Lighting - 36 in. Repti Sun 10.0 (Just changed after 6 months)
Basking Temp 100-110 degrees
Cool Side 85-90 degrees
Eats Greens & Dubias everyday.

Is it mating season? Is this normal? Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance!

*** The tank appears to be smaller than it actually is. There is a lot of room out of vision. Hammock and basking area behind the camera.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - yeah - he wants out. probably bored. poor baby. mine (well, my boy anyway) probably does the same - he's crazy !! you can only do what you can do - just do the best you can

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea hormones are likely peaking and he's looking for some love lol It is pretty just take him out as you can and let him run around.. You may be able to lower that basking temp down a bit to see how he does, adults don't need it as hot as babies and juvies.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's the worst part about cameras, you see things you can't take care of right away. I was away from mine for a few days and the whole time I was gone, one of my girls just sat stalled over her log, I just wanted to scoop her up and hug her :(

Yours doesn't really understand that nobody is home, he just thinks you are in the other room. He's looking for attention and wanting to get out.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was thinkin about getting cameras so I could watch them throughout the day. I think I just talked myself out of them.

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
My two juvies do this all the time late at night and while I'm home.. I let them out their tanks but they run under furniture and it's hard to get
Them back lol