• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lump on side

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey guys I've been noticing a lump on my baby's side it's only visible when she lays certain ways. It's been there for sometime now and I have always figured it was her rib cage. Now I'm not so sure and would just like a second opinion. I've spoken to her vet who will be out of town for the rest of the month. He said she's a little overweight and what we are seeing is most likely fat. We are taking her in as soon as he returns to his local office.

The lump does not feel hard or like anything really. I have gently but firmly felt around the entire area and do not feel anything. She acts fine, very hyper and active still eats good and doesn't appear to be bothered at all. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4783.JPG
    IMG_4783.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 336

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It does look kinda odd. I think that if it was fat it would be more distributed. Even like big beardie boobies kinda blend uniformly into the rest of the body. It's good that she is acting normal though. I would still have him physically look at it to make sure its nothing.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Absolutely, as soon as this guy gets back she's going. I'm thinking about taking her to let the tech take a look if she will. It's just strange when I go to actually feel it there is absolutely nothing to feel. I can feel her ribs but no lump. And when she pancakes out it's non existent. I just want to make sure she doesn't have any type of mass :/

Thanks for taking a look Patsy
It does look kinda odd. I think that if it was fat it would be more distributed. Even like big beardie boobies kinda blend uniformly into the rest of the body. It's good that she is acting normal though. I would still have him physically look at it to make sure its nothing.
eah

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I showed the picture to some girls in my admin group for another bearded dragon group. They think it's just the way she's sitting and it's just fat

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I showed the picture to some girls in my admin group for another bearded dragon group. They think it's just the way she's sitting and it's just fat
I really appreciate that makes me feel a little better. I'll still have it looked at asap just to be on the safe side. I really think it is the way she lays at times and I do not feel anything at all and I've pushed as firmly as possible on the area. Still won't hurt to have her checked out she's due for an exam anyways.
Thank you Patsy

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I'm not really sure it's kinda odd and I've not seen anything like that so I'm glad your still going to have the vet look at her when he comes back

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea I'm not really sure it's kinda odd and I've not seen anything like that so I'm glad your still going to have the vet look at her when he comes back

It's super weird. Shes currently on an all green diet so I'm hoping she's just a fat lumpy baby needing to shed a few grams. Once we have her checked over I'll let you guys know what's up. Hopefully it's nothing going on that could be harmful to her

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Forgot to update, we let our vet tech take a look and feel around and she confirmed it's fat. Certain ways she lays forces some of her fat toward that area making it appear like a lump.

She's going to stick to her diet for awhile and we have been encouraging her to get plenty of exercise. She spends about 3 hours all together each day running around the house. Hopefully this will help her get in shape lol.