• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Look who finally is going through his first shed!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Haven't posted in awhile cause life has been crazy. Not good crazy unfortunately, but that's life, right?

Anyway I just had to give an update on Spuirt. He's the one I took from my work because we all thought (vet included) that he wasn't gonna make it.

He's growing really slowly. We have babies at the store half his age and twice his size. Other than his stunted growth he's a normal, crazy baby. He eats nonstop and is starting to finally climb on things. What he lacks in size he makes up with in attitude. But what I feel is our biggest accomplishment to date is he's finally going through his first shed!

He's EXTREMELY cranky about the shed so I'm misting him till he calms down enough for me to soak him. But he does soak in a bowl in his tank.

Look at this crazy shed!
85c302e96922172faa2179febb2f23b3.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol you have an exploding dragon on your hands lol Looking great nice job!!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
He is flippin cute! I'm surprised he won't let you take it off. Thanks for sharing him, look forward to more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's so cute, his colors are going to really pop!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
All done shedding! His colors are really coming out now. Getting ready to upgrade him to a 20 gallon, can't wait to give him room to run around and climb. He's come such a long way!
27a70821272e050b02ac62716273856d.jpg
2b7bd14699fd632428e3d986c15e170f.jpg

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I love when they do "the splits", he almost looks like he's smoking a cigar, with the leaf that's coming out of his cute little mouth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
His present for shedding was a new tank. He's officially been upgraded to a 20 gallon! He was in a half 10 gallon, so a 10 gallon but half the height. I finally decided I'm ready to let him climb and he's strong enough to do it.

We also weigh a whopping 14 grams! I'm really thinking he'll never outgrow the 20 gallon considering he's hardly grown in the 5 months I've had him. He looks so tiny in his new tank.

178eeeff571cbc04777699004ead9c14.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good, have no fear he will do some growing for sure lol