• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, I have two Bearded Sisters ATM.

CarrieandJimmy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, my name is Jimmy and wife Carrie snuck out and bought two bearded dragons from the same clutch. They are growing fast and seem to both be females, the best case scenario for being able to keep them both in the same tank. They are doing great. I just wanted to get on the forum and see if I can track down the best information. Ill be reading a lot and posting a little. Any help will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks.

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Everything I've heard and read says if you house them together they will hurt each other eventually but I'm no expert.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum,
Chances are very high that in time they may turn on eachother even if clutch mates.. and there is always the potential for 1 to hog the UVB spots, best food...
Under several of our comments you will see links that we have put together all the info that new comers may need to give the best for them.. In all honesty they are solitary creatures and prefer to live alone. Even 2 females can turn on eachother.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I have to agree with the above posts. I found out the hard way that I rescued a boy and a girl. Not only did he mate with her didn't see "the deed" , anyway I was told they were both female, nope, so you should separate them they are solitary creatures, they don't do well with others, not like a dog or cat who like others, good luck, hope to see some pics of your new family members

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi and welcome. Yeah ,you can get away with it for a bit when they are young, but believe me, even if they look happy and like they are getting along, one is dominating the other. My two were housed together for just a couple of weeks and the difference in growth rates was noticable. One was obviously getting more food than the other. There was other dominating behaviour too , like laying on top of each other (looks cute, but its not good) and a lot of arm waving and glass surfing. It's your choice of course, if you want to house them together, but information never hurts and this site is great for that.
I look forward to seeing some pics of your little ones. :)