• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growth rates

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When I got my beardies they were both the same size almost. However, one is growing noticably quicker. It eats a lot more than the other and is starting to shed. I presume they are the same age, if not from the same clutch of eggs. Is it normal to have different growth rates. Apart from not eating as much, the smaller one seems to be in good health. It is a lot more skittish and nervous of me than the other one, could it be me putting it off its food? I'm not worried at all yet, just wondered if it was normal

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey there. are they housed together? if they are - please get separate living quarters. typically when 2 are together, 1 will become dominant - take the best food, best basking spot, best sleeping, etc. may even bully the other - bite toes, tail etc. otherwise - yes, can have different growth rates. just like people kids

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ah, thanks. If that's what it is then I'm not too worried. They were never intended to be housed together for any length of time. Unfortunately I have had communication breakdown from the company that was supposed to be sending me a second viv. So Ive given up on them and ordered one off ebay, everything else, lights etc is sat here waiting.
They will have their own space any time now (though ive been saying that for a week!), just means I will have to fatten the wee fella up. A bit of TLC it will be fine im sure.
Thanks for clarifying that, Im learning a lot