• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growing your own Collard Greens

Zanny

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all I have been growing some collards for my dragon Haku starting at the end of winter. They have growing great but last week I was gone and the bugs descended on them. Is there some I can spray I can make to keep the bugs from eating them and still be safe to wash off and feed to my dragon?
Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would think using a diluted mixture of baby soap and water would kill the bugs. Just make sure you rinse the leaves off very good before you feed them to your dragons.

Zanny

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would think using a diluted mixture of baby soap and water would kill the bugs. Just make sure you rinse the leaves off very good before you feed them to your dragons.
Awesome! Thanks so much!! I will try that tonight. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Good luck! I've done this with veggies that I've eaten myself so I would think it would be okay for the dragon too. It's like a drop or two of baby soap in a spray bottle of water.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My mother sprinkles corn starch on her garden veggies. Keeps the bugs from eating her stuff and somehow deters the rabbits/birds/squirrels too. No idea how or why it works, but it does. She's determined not to have chemicals on her garden, and its easy to rinse off when its ready to eat.