• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragons who sandwich themselves

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
So this is what I woke up to this morning. No idea what she thought she'd accomplish by putting herself there. She wiggled her way out of there the moment I took the picture (wish I'd gotten that too but I thought I was going to have to rescue her). Anyone else have dragon sandwich photos?

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 124

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very cute picture!! they do get themselves into the oddest places...

On another note: Are you aware that colored lighting is bad for them? As it doesn't allow their pupils to constrict and dilate properly. And no lights at all during while they sleep especially colored as their 3rd eye detects light/shadows and lighting will interfere with their sleep.

Just wasn't sure if you knew this or not.

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Very cute picture!! they do get themselves into the oddest places...

On another note: Are you aware that colored lighting is bad for them? As it doesn't allow their pupils to constrict and dilate properly. And no lights at all during while they sleep especially colored as their 3rd eye detects light/shadows and lighting will interfere with their sleep.

Just wasn't sure if you knew this or not.
I didn't know that at all. They came highly recommended at petco (figures) to heat the tank while they sleep. What can we do instead?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn't know that at all. They came highly recommended at petco (figures) to heat the tank while they sleep. What can we do instead?
Yea we run into this alot so really not a surprise they told you that...
OK I'll run thru it for you but you can also check out the links below some of our comments as we have put together all the info anyone could need, so feel free to check that out..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You need a basking bulb that's for heat
You need a long tube style UVB bulb and fixture most of us use the Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 this will allow the UVB to reach down to the dragon thru the mesh.. T8's don't penetrate far thru the mesh...
You want these 2 to overlap a bit as they need the heat and the UVB to convert the nutrients and calicum etc..and aides in proper digestion..
You don't need any lighting at night they need the cool down as long as your evening tank temps don't go below 65F all is good.. If it drops more than that you need a CHE ceramic heating element to bring the temp up without light. (no heat rocks, no heat pads)

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
You need a long tube style UVB bulb and fixture most of us use the Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 this will allow the UVB to reach down to the dragon thru the mesh.. T8's don't penetrate far thru the mesh...
You want these 2 to overlap a bit as they need the heat and the UVB to convert the nutrients and calicum etc..and aides in proper digestion..
You don't need any lighting at night they need the cool down as long as your evening tank temps don't go below 65F all is good.. If it drops more than that you need a CHE ceramic heating element to bring the temp up without light. (no heat rocks, no heat pads)
Thank you so much I'll work on that asap!!

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That picture is hilarious. Mine is constantly wiggling into small spaces and I'm like, "how did you do that?" And further, "Can you get yourself out or am i gonna have to save you?" Love it. They always entertain.

DressageQueen

Bearded Dragon Egg
23a84e4a7ff623abaad764724b4d213b.jpg

I came home and got him out and when I went back into my room I came back to this. He looks quite pleased with himself ;) (had to rescue him of course)

"The future will be what it will, and fretting about it will only make your fears more likely to come true." - Glaedr, Inheritance Cycle

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
She's loving the uvb tube! Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 64

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
I love these photos! [emoji23]They really can squeeze into the tiniest of spaces lol. This is where I found Snake sleeping last night.
acc5eb2b9fbf13235b18eeb1a9cfa969.heic

Apparently he gets in and out of that location a lot, but still, sometimes I wonder. Tonight he is sleeping on his hammock, which puts my mind at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
I love these photos! [emoji23]They really can squeeze into the tiniest of spaces lol. This is where I found Snake sleeping last night.
acc5eb2b9fbf13235b18eeb1a9cfa969.heic

Apparently he gets in and out of that location a lot, but still, sometimes I wonder. Tonight he is sleeping on his hammock, which puts my mind at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It took me a minute to find him lol. Adorable!