• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my friend's beardie look too skinny?

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
When I was over her house the other day, I noticed her beardie seemed kinda thin. What do you it's think?

He's also a few years old. And he's fed the right kind of veggies and fruits, so how would you give about having him gain weight if so?

BE1NELy.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh, he looks tiny :( When talking about stunted growth, the first thing you want to look at is what kind of bulbs are being used and what are the tank temps? He needs a UVB tube style bulb that provides UVB coverage over 2/3'rds of the tank and he also needs a basking spot of about 105 degrees. Measuring temps with a temp gun or a digital probe thermometer is going to give the most accurate readings.

What kind of bugs is she feeding him?

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Bad camera angle to judge weight, but maybe could use a few extra grams. Make sure he has the right lights and they're new enough. Wax worms and roaches can help with weight

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he is a couple of years old he looks on the tiny side, judging by the legs and belly they should be plumper...Like Patsy said the UVB and heat and the size of the enclosure will say alot as well as how often this little one is being fed live feeders, what are they and how often...