• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Detroit area breeder wanted

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
After the tragic loss of our baby beardie to yellow fungus only a month after buying him from a locally owned pet store we are looking for a new one. We are in the Detroit metro area looking for reputable breeders that have 6-8 month old beardies for sale. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated. We are still feeling the loss of our beloved Mr. Rogers and need to find someone who will sell us a healthy well looked after youngling. TIA!

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
After the tragic loss of our baby beardie to yellow fungus only a month after buying him from a locally owned pet store we are looking for a new one. We are in the Detroit metro area looking for reputable breeders that have 6-8 month old beardies for sale. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated. We are still feeling the loss of our beloved Mr. Rogers and need to find someone who will sell us a healthy well looked after youngling. TIA!
We found a breeder on Craig's list. After talking he sounds like the real deal. He breeds his beardies for other breeders usually, the rare colors. He has a 'zero', among others. Nice pics included. The juvie we are looking at is a less rare "hypo leather back 9/10 months", which is why he was on Craigslist. He gave me a lot of good info like to join 'bearded dragon obsessions' on fb. My hubby and I are now in the process of building a custom 48x24 enclosure for him, got all the deets on the right lighting and food. Feeling a lot more confident going into our next beardie, Mr. Rogers 2.0! Included a pic of our new family member, his zero, and the parents of our new Mr. Rogers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 30

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats then he is good looking! looks healthy and alert. keep us posted! I think your doing the right thing at getting a bit older one babies can well you learned can be fragile.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't join BDO, they aren't very nice. They tend to not like when people give advise that is different from theirs. I'm in Bearded Dragon Adicts and everyone is nice and very helpful.

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
Don't join BDO, they aren't very nice. They tend to not like when people give advise that is different from theirs. I'm in Bearded Dragon Adicts and everyone is nice and very helpful.
Yah I sent a request to join earlier today, no request accept yet. The breeder of our new dragon is a member and suggested it, he also mentioned they can be a little too serious some times. Thanks for the other option, I feel like you can never have too many online communities to learn from, this one has certainly been helpful!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I commented once about using coconut oil to help with shed after it was recommended by countless other people and I got yelled at from one of the admins she said "we don't use coconut oil" LOL! BTW coconut oil is okay to use but you need to make sure you rinse if off before you put your dragons under the light.

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
I commented once about using coconut oil to help with shed after it was recommended by countless other people and I got yelled at from one of the admins she said "we don't use coconut oil" LOL! BTW coconut oil is okay to use but you need to make sure you rinse if off before you put your dragons under the light.
Lol that's so funny because today I was telling our new breeder how I used it on Mr. Rogers during bath time and he mentioned he was going to have to ask his admin about that. Guess I won't fit in too good there, if they ever accept. I sent the group you suggested a request now too.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Renee.....Did you get approved for BDA last night? The cat is out of the bag, I am an admin there and I noticed this morning that there was a Renee added but since I don't know your last name not sure if it is you. If you did get added, congrats! There are some good people there if any of you have any questions or problems, let me know :)

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I lost a little one too we only had him 3 weeks and he was at the vet for like 2 mos fighting. I took it so hard I still cry. I look forward to seeing your new guy soon.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Don't use reptiles by Mac . They are on petas hit list for a million reasons.

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
I'm gonna have to check out the group as well :) just sent a request :)[/
Renee.....Did you get approved for BDA last night? The cat is out of the bag, I am an admin there and I noticed this morning that there was a Renee added but since I don't know your last name not sure if it is you. If you did get added, congrats! There are some good people there if any of you have any questions or problems, let me know :)
i was added almost instantly! Unlike the BDO which still hasn't accepted me. My fb feed is full of beardies now and i love it! Thanks for everything!

Renee

Hatchling Dragon
I lost a little one too we only had him 3 weeks and he was at the vet for like 2 mos fighting. I took it so hard I still cry. I look forward to seeing your new guy soon.
Thanks for being sweet! I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The little guys are soooo cute but susceptible. I've learned so much from that experience. My preliminary beardie research didn't scratch the surface on what I know now. I'm glad I found this forum they have been really helpful.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry the learning process was a hard one with loosing Mr. Rogers but I'm glad your learning and I'm glad that we have been helpful as that's what we strive to be. We all want the best for our little friends. I can't wait to see your new digs and see another beardie in your home to love on :)