• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cactus pad leaves??!?

LP's Momma

Bearded Dragon Egg
I saw online somewhere that cactus pad leaves are a good veggie for my bearded dragon, how do I go about feeding her this and it is it OK for a four month old ?? Please and thank you

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes absolutely!! Just make sure you take all the thorns off and cut them up into small enough pieces.. They can also eat the prickly pear fruit that is from the pads they are red in color..

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
My torts eat spineless cactus, so i always have some on hand, but my beardie won't touch it. I don't know about where you live, but here it grows super easy. Literally I threw some pads out in my yard and they have sprouted into cactus i harvest from. So if your beardie likes it, you can easily grow some in a pot or yard!!!

We also have tons growing "wild" EVERYWHERE so it is not uncommon for me to come back with a purse full of cactus pads or fruits any given day, hahahaha.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
My torts eat spineless cactus, so i always have some on hand, but my beardie won't touch it. I don't know about where you live, but here it grows super easy. Literally I threw some pads out in my yard and they have sprouted into cactus i harvest from. So if your beardie likes it, you can easily grow some in a pot or yard!!!

We also have tons growing "wild" EVERYWHERE so it is not uncommon for me to come back with a purse full of cactus pads or fruits any given day, hahahaha.
My beardie loves the prickly pears..He looks like he has lip stick on after he eats those..HAHA cutie pie