• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Lights & Cat Cancer

Lilly

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have a cat who occasionally likes to sneak into my bearded dragon's tank or he can't do that, he'll sit on top of it or to the side of it.

He's been sick lately and awaiting a biopsy because the vet thinks he might have skin cancer. We still have to wait another week but I'm sooo worried that he's developed skin cancer because of the UVB and UVA exposure he's gotten from my bearded dragon's tank. It's not like he's there 24/7 but I figure that the rays from the lights might be strong.

Does anyone have input on this? Have you been or known anyone in a similar situation? Do you think there's no way those lights could cause cancer if he's just alongside the tank every day?

Fingers crossed the results come in negative for cancer next week.

Nubs

Hatchling Dragon
I have cats too! They sit right next to the tank! Please let us know what the vet says. I thought the uvb light is filtered out through glass and plastic.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never heard of it. Let us know what the vet says.