• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Enclouser W/Custom Furnature

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So i have a enclosure its 4'x2'x2.5' Comes with a custom build 3D Rock Wall and a Basking/Hiding Cave. I live in Alaska so I'm almost positive nobody here would actually be willing to pay the shipping..but what would you say this could be worth I'm going to locally post this also so help me decided on a good price.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My god your far out there. How did you get a bearded dragon in Alaska anyway?

Pics of the tank might also help too

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubya, have you tried using the new Tapatalk app to upload a photo?

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have not didn't know there was an app for this site yet. sorry its been awhile been busy busy moving to a new place and i also got the new Bearded Dragon Tank.. got a few people interested in the tank. here is a picture

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    572.4 KB · Views: 81

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
tanks in stores that are 40gallon cost around $100 around here anyway, this tank looks bigger and has more area tat can be used. i would say from $150(if u really wanna sell it that is) to $250.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know, it's pretty sweet! He might be able to get a bit more, and he's in Alaska so going rates are quite a bit more.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I don't know, it's pretty sweet! He might be able to get a bit more, and he's in Alaska so going rates are quite a bit more.

while im sure its worth quie a bit, realisticly it will be hard to find anyone around there that needs it i would think.

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry, haha i have been away and busy moving into a new place. Alot of people here have Bearded Dragons and other reptiles it seems like. I encourage you guys to come visit this place :) I've got a few bites people have asked me to hold this damn tank for them. it was a jewelry displace case i bought it for 50 bucks and then spent all that time custom making the back drop and cave. but its still pretty cool and leaves a lot of room for more customizing.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry, haha i have been away and busy moving into a new place. Alot of people here have Bearded Dragons and other reptiles it seems like. I encourage you guys to come visit this place :) I've got a few bites people have asked me to hold this damn tank for them. it was a jewelry displace case i bought it for 50 bucks and then spent all that time custom making the back drop and cave. but its still pretty cool and leaves a lot of room for more customizing.
Don't wanna, not gonna! Too cold and dark. Good for fishing though, so it's tempting.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ditto - lol

Gets pretty much as cold here at times, don't think it matters much after -50F, but at least we have at least 8-9 hrs of daylight a day in winter ;).

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ditto - lol

Gets pretty much as cold here at times, don't think it matters much after -50F, but at least we have at least 8-9 hrs of daylight a day in winter ;).
Woah Woah Woah, you have got it all wrong...haha I live in Ketchikan Alaska its the most southern part of alaska. Its on the water it never drops into the single digits here. As for it being too dark i mean it all depends on the way you look at it..I live on a beautiful island and during the summer time you can count on it being light out till 10 pm. Especially on a nice summer day, i can go hike somewhere cool and sit out by a fire, catch fish off the rocks. I can fry up the fish over the fire right there and just enjoy nature as it was intended to be enjoyed. Winter time it does get dark out early, but its colder where your at..you can't tell me you would be out doing something else anyways.. Makes it nice and cozy to stay home and watch a movie in the dark :)

The picture is about 9pm the other day, on a deck somebody had built on a cliff its probably 40 feet above the water. This is about 1/2 a mile away from my house.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup, yup! You are right, I had it wrong, I didn't Google your exact location. You aren't a whole lot further North than I am, but I am right in the middle of the continent, between the two oceans. Please excuse my ignorance, to me Alaska is Alaska & Alaska = Cold - lol.

I shouldn't talk about it being cold in the winter in other places, a couple of years ago, we had a real cold snap in Regina (where I lived at the time, only about 100 miles north of the Montana, US Border) & one day broke all previous records there & we were the coldest place on the 'Planet!' on that day & Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, isn't that far North. Seemed strange that we could be colder than both poles. I now live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan about 160 miles further North. We see days of -50F in the Winter & the odd 100+F days in the summer, extreme temperature variation between the seasons.

In the Winter temps can change very quickly here, I have seen it go from melting +35F to -40F within 24 hrs. :eek:

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, living on the ocean really helps moderate the temperature during the summer the ocean breeze keeps us cool and during the winter the ocean keeps us warm..weird how that works! But dang...-50 is really cold haha i would have to say indoor camping is what i would be doing with weather like that :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It isn't that cold for long periods of time generally, but we usually get 3 weeks to a month straight of -35 to -40 with no let up. I don't mind the cold so much, it's the wind here on the Prairies that is wicked & makes it more deadly with the windchill factored in.

I just moved back from spending 2 years on Vancouver Island last summer, fully understand how the ocean keeps the temps leveled off ;).

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Woah Woah Woah, you have got it all wrong...haha I live in Ketchikan Alaska its the most southern part of alaska. Its on the water it never drops into the single digits here. As for it being too dark i mean it all depends on the way you look at it..I live on a beautiful island and during the summer time you can count on it being light out till 10 pm. Especially on a nice summer day, i can go hike somewhere cool and sit out by a fire, catch fish off the rocks. I can fry up the fish over the fire right there and just enjoy nature as it was intended to be enjoyed. Winter time it does get dark out early, but its colder where your at..you can't tell me you would be out doing something else anyways.. Makes it nice and cozy to stay home and watch a movie in the dark :)

The picture is about 9pm the other day, on a deck somebody had built on a cliff its probably 40 feet above the water. This is about 1/2 a mile away from my house.
Well, put like that it sounds positively dreamy. Ocean temperance is awesome if it keeps you just right :).
@Germ... I'm never coming to visit you in the winter, I don't care how much I love your beardies. I can barely handle Utah's -10's in the worst parts of winter that last a couple weeks.