• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any frog eyed gecko owners??

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know anyone that has one. I heard hey are hard to keep.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
They are definitely more delicate, but I was thinking getting a captive bred one from a reputable breeder and I could probably do it. Like most reptiles. Those eyes as are just too much, I can't even. So cute! Hopefully someone has some advice... thanks for the response!

tmarti27

Bearded Dragon Egg
I own three frog eyed geckos. I have 2 Teratoscincus roborowskii (Tibetan Frog Eyed Gecko) and 1 Teratoscincus sincus (Russian Frog Eyed gecko). They are very cute but you aren't going to be able to hold them much, if at all, and I would advise not holding them unless absolutely necessary. As for where to get them, I suggest finding a breeder on a forum like this or fauna classifieds. It is extremely rare to find them in a pet store.

I have a care sheet I wrote for them. They are not super difficult to keep.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I own three frog eyed geckos. I have 2 Teratoscincus roborowskii (Tibetan Frog Eyed Gecko) and 1 Teratoscincus sincus (Russian Frog Eyed gecko). They are very cute but you aren't going to be able to hold them much, if at all, and I would advise not holding them unless absolutely necessary. As for where to get them, I suggest finding a breeder on a forum like this or fauna classifieds. It is extremely rare to find them in a pet store.

I have a care sheet I wrote for them. They are not super difficult to keep.

The interaction aspect is not an issue - I have a few animals that are "display only". I just enjoy taking care of them and watching them. I'll keep an eye out online for breeders. Thanks for the advice! How long have you had yours?

tmarti27

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my Russian female for about a year and my Tibetan pair for about a week. The Tibetans have basically the same exact care requirements with the only exception being that they like slightly cooler temperatures than the Russian.