• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adopted 3 year beardie

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hdrydr31 is right. Girls normally are the ones that wave though. Are we sure he's a he?

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
Hdrydr31 is right. Girls normally are the ones that wave though. Are we sure he's a he?

:eek: Uhhhh. We've tried the flash light test. I have a picture of his underside. But honestly. We dont for sure know. His original owners were told he was a male, his second owners called him a girl, and we THOUGHT he was a male.

Attachments

• 20170607_171401.jpg
    20170607_171401.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
The ladies are correct, submission, it really is cute to see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea we can't tell anything from that angle.. if you check the links below and you can see how to "sex" them and take a picture like in the thread..
flat on his belly then lift the tail backwards towards head BUT not too far.. and if there are 2 ovals at the base of the tail that's boy if a bump in the middle that's girl..

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
Annnd perhaps puff is a girl. After trying the flashlight test AGAIN. I never saw two dark spots. Just one dark spot towards the base of the tail and it looks like there is just one bulge..who knows! Lol
49ab6ece474930da3e6140fbff62a3cc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
the nickname Puffy Pants suits HER better anyways..lol! :D
Im sure she'll appreciate me not trying to oogle her underside anymore.
So..if she's never been exposed to a male, I know It is still possible for her to lay eggs, what are your experiences with females that have never been exposed to males laying infertile eggs?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
That's only happened to me once yrs ago, I know it's happened to a few of the forum members, they'll probably chime in soon. Good luck, she's a nice lookin dragon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

puffthedragon

Hatchling Dragon
Puff finished her shed about 2 days ago, she has some very small pieces hanging on but for the most part, I think she's done. I've given her a bath every few days to help the process and she has seemed to love it. When I get home in the evening from work, she's always hiding in the back corner..what I would say.. sulking. She never sits in the back corner. Always on her log or basking on her cement rock towards the front. When I went to pet her last night, she black bearded me and hissed at me. This is not like her. She hasn't done this since we brought her home back in March. My fiance is the one who feeds her and cleans her cage during the day and says that her appetite is still normal and comes running when he puts her food in. But I can see her bowl when I get home, and it doesn't appear she's eating as much. What could be going on with her?