• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Second Chance

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Many of you have already met Chance, but I'm starting a new thread for the little guy, now that we know he's not a Lady :)

He's doing great! Eating like it's his job, he's even in the process of shedding! The necrosis in his tail stopped a couple weeks ago and his body is isolating it. It's started to fall off, and should be off completely within a week or so. The little man still isn't pooping on his own, so every couple days I palpate his belly and work out a pile of stool. Hopefully as he gets bigger and gains strength our teamwork bowel movements will become a thing of the past. I'm thrilled with his progress, so I don't mind lending a hand every other day or so to help him keep things moving.

Chance and Ruth have a vet appointment on the 14th. I'll be working but my boyfriend will be able to take them in. With any luck we'll get a clean bill of health with his tail situation, and I'll be running a fecal to make sure all of his issues are muscular and he's parasite free.

Now on to the adorable photos!

ab253662cc9b7625b1e9a1693bf08863.jpg

5f0064f47a95543bfed95f4679891073.jpg

More food please!
3d8ddf7cbfdb4e61cba6fbd5f31ccf51.jpg

I did this all by myself!
b0347f3ddaf581dbb8a42a971f9ad3cb.jpg

6c446e676ca807fb6310322e618c806b.jpg

He loves climbing his log, it's a new daily basking routine :) He's even chowing down on greens! Nothing is going to hold this munchkin back. I'm so proud of him <3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Wow he's ace! I have just got my beardie. Finally after a few days off stressing all Temps are reading right and he's eating well. Just abit concerned as he has black markings under his belly and they go when he's asleep? Also hasn't pooped in a couple of days he is small so is it too soon to bath him or try help him poop if so how can I do this ?

Thanks

9af184ab007b954014163252763d127e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks Patsy! Chance is such a sweet little darling. He's finally calmed down and no longer gets frightened or hisses at me. He's making such wonderful progress!

Joe- The marks on his belly are what we call stress marks, totally harmless coloration that doesn't always indicate stress. As for the pooping, give him time. You could put him in the sink or a dish with some warm water. That always helped my boy Mushu when he was a wee dragon.

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks Patsy! Chance is such a sweet little darling. He's finally calmed down and no longer gets frightened or hisses at me. He's making such wonderful progress!

Joe- The marks on his belly are what we call stress marks, totally harmless coloration that doesn't always indicate stress. As for the pooping, give him time. You could put him in the sink or a dish with some warm water. That always helped my boy Mushu when he was a wee dragon.

Thank you for your advice.

a47bc9979fa77e7c12a6d83356f90131.jpg

Any idea what that could be on his tail?

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Many of you have already met Chance, but I'm starting a new thread for the little guy, now that we know he's not a Lady :)

He's doing great! Eating like it's his job, he's even in the process of shedding! The necrosis in his tail stopped a couple weeks ago and his body is isolating it. It's started to fall off, and should be off completely within a week or so. The little man still isn't pooping on his own, so every couple days I palpate his belly and work out a pile of stool. Hopefully as he gets bigger and gains strength our teamwork bowel movements will become a thing of the past. I'm thrilled with his progress, so I don't mind lending a hand every other day or so to help him keep things moving.

Chance and Ruth have a vet appointment on the 14th. I'll be working but my boyfriend will be able to take them in. With any luck we'll get a clean bill of health with his tail situation, and I'll be running a fecal to make sure all of his issues are muscular and he's parasite free.

Now on to the adorable photos!

ab253662cc9b7625b1e9a1693bf08863.jpg

5f0064f47a95543bfed95f4679891073.jpg

More food please!
3d8ddf7cbfdb4e61cba6fbd5f31ccf51.jpg

I did this all by myself!
b0347f3ddaf581dbb8a42a971f9ad3cb.jpg

6c446e676ca807fb6310322e618c806b.jpg

He loves climbing his log, it's a new daily basking routine :) He's even chowing down on greens! Nothing is going to hold this munchkin back. I'm so proud of him <3.

He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I am so glad to see how well he is doing. Can't wait to see him growing up :D

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you for your advice.

a47bc9979fa77e7c12a6d83356f90131.jpg

Any idea what that could be on his tail?

It's hard to tell from the photo, but the white leads me to believe that it's urate on his tail. A warm soak and a little scrubbing with a soft bristled toothbrush should take that right off.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I am so glad to see how well he is doing. Can't wait to see him growing up :D
Thank you :) He's definitely a cutie! I'm excited to watch him grow myself! He's already climbing, so I don't think his MBD is going to slow him down a bit.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's hard to tell from the photo, but the white leads me to believe that it's urate on his tail. A warm soak and a little scrubbing with a soft bristled toothbrush should take that right off.

Good call! It does look like urate.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The vet removed the end of Chance's tail and said he was very pleased with his progress. He wasn't certain that he was the same baby I brought in a couple months ago :) I had a fecal run, which came back with low levels of pinworm, but nothing beyond the normal range, so no medication is needed at this point in time. Looks like this little fella is on the fast track to a good recovery! I'm so happy!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll have to post some photos of my stumpy tailed little man. He got some red runner roaches yesterday. Per the vet's request, I've started tong feeding him in his enclosure, moving his food all over so he can chase it. The movement is supposed to help build his muscles up, and hopefully allow him to go to the bathroom all by himself.

He's starting to put on some size, and had a nice shed. He's all freshened up and even more handsome than ever :) I'm so thrilled with how well he's doing!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh that's a great idea to build up muscle. I have a friend on FB that takes his girl out and holds a hornworm on the tongs and makes her chase him around to get it.

Stumpy tails build character :)

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh that's a great idea to build up muscle. I have a friend on FB that takes his girl out and holds a hornworm on the tongs and makes her chase him around to get it.

Stumpy tails build character :)
He doesn't seem to mind his stumpiness. I'm just glad that it's healing up and won't be causing him anymore problems.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Now that Chance is growing and shedding and done battling health issues, he's starting to get a bit of color. The tops of his front legs, his sides along his spikes, and the sides of his cute little face are getting more orange. I think he's going to grow up to be quite the handsome dragon :) hoping to get more pictures of his sweet self up soon!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Chance is doing well. He just shed his tail and a front leg, so he's still growing! I didn't think he put on much size until I looked at his early arrival photos. He almost looks like a normal dragon now :) No more red runner roaches for this baby. The higher chitin level seems to upset his stomach. He had a couple puking episodes, but has done much better on just the dubia.

Basking with a full belly :)
d73166bd993a71aa25ce5cf82d9f68a6.jpg

Such a lazy boy. He made a mess of his carpet, so paper towel it is until I get it washed up. What I really need to do is get him some fatigue mat.
838acf663250fc8918756167c061b3ba.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He is so sweet looking! Glad to hear he's doing so good.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Chance was giving me his "I'm hungry mama" look when I came into the room and I thought it was just too cute not to share :)

fac854b8cbde4fa48db1a39f437618d9.jpg

I then looked over at my curious and darling corn snake, Ezra, who was peeking over her paper towel wall to check me out.
8a153df865951dab7bb76948d3ec7e90.jpg

dda909ec51798311c7d5bc67a24b8a60.jpg

I can't wait to move into the new house and give everyone more space between their enclosures! Ezra has a tendency to spook little Chance when she gets curious and wants to look around.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
These are adorable! I love how the snake wants to know what is going on!